Esteemed Contributor

It was by the bagged kale, next to the deli. I was pleasantly surprised! I buy kale frequently, but haven't seen the mirepoix before. I hope it is offered year round.

I make a pasta salad with chicken sausage, pesto, pasta and veggies. I'll try it with the mirepoix next time.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor
On 12/20/2014 HonnyBrown said:

It was by the bagged kale, next to the deli. I was pleasantly surprised! I buy kale frequently, but haven't seen the mirepoix before. I hope it is offered year round.

I make a pasta salad with chicken sausage, pesto, pasta and veggies. I'll try it with the mirepoix next time.

Thank you!

Respected Contributor
On 12/20/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 12/20/2014 debc said:

I didn't know you could buy that. Mine has peppers instead of carrots and I make shrimp creole.

Trader Joe's (and now BJ's) are the only two places I see it consistently. Well, this is the first time I saw it at BJ's; I hope it isn't seasonal.

A local organic store has one with bell peppers and garlic. I'm leery about buying that one because of the garlic.

Well the garlic one would be great for me. Smiley Happy Walmart and Smiths are the only 2 stores within 60 miles of me. So when you buy it, do you dump it into a roux? Nothing beats the smell of that cooking. IMO anyway.

You could probably get it frozen, or get extra and freeze. When I go to Costco I buy and prepare and freeze a lot of that type of stuff for future use.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

debc, I use it fresh as a flavor base for poaching liquids, dry beans, stews, etc.

Today I used it in stuffing.

I use frozen vegetables from time to time, so I don't know why I'm hesitant to freeze this and use it later!

BJ's offers so much more than Costco. I'm glad I got my membership/

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.