Respected Contributor

Is TS today on HSN.  Has anyone ordered this?  I just did.  This seems to be exactly the machine I have wanted.  Electric and easy to handle.

I once ordered and returned the one WP had which scared me and was hard to put together.  This one seems to be in a class by itself.  I was looking at some at Williams Sonoma last week, but didn't like any of them.

Hope this is all it promises to be.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I switch over to HSN.  Late at night he was demonstrating it.  It was an apple and Shannon was cutting the apple in 1/2's for him.

The machine kept messing up over and over.  Finally, they switched machines.  

This is just my opinion but I'd hold off on it if I were you.  It was just 1/2 apple and she had to core the apple first each time.  It looked like there was some waste.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Thanks for telling me that.  I have watched it three times today and didn't see any mishaps.  I am sure there will be some lemons among the machines and just hope mine works as demonstrated.

What pushed me mostly toward this machine was the way it cuts cabbage.  I love cabbage, but hate to handle sharp blades on a food processor and cutting it by hand is just too cumbersome so I hardly ever have it.

He will be on again at 9 and I will watch it again and make a decision on canceling or not.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM True, as you said there are always lemons.  I think it will probably be fine but I'm sure you must keep the blades very sharp.  That just makes sense, right?

I like his style (not in your face).  He's nice to look at too. Ha!

I can't stand Shannon.  If people here complain about some of the hosts saying the own everything....good grief!  Shannon is unbelievable.  She comes on very late at night so most have probably never seen her.

I cannot believe the way she says she has everything she sells.  It's crazy!  Lately, she's been saying, "I have the old version of this but I'm buying this version.  I'll give the old version to so and so".  Ha!  So someone is getting her old leftovers...assuming she's telling the truth.  She must owe money up the wazoo.  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@CLEM

Went to go watch the presentation after your post, the camera had to cut away often because of glitches.  This will be a pass for me. The best aspect was the button to  switch blades. I will wait for a better designed and safer machine.  My KA food processor is still easier for thin slices .

Respected Contributor

Re: Ming Tsai's Spiralizer

[ Edited ]

@hopi  did you watch the midnight show, the one @Annabellethecat66 referenced?   Because I didn't see a single malfunction and the machine seemed quite sturdy.   I will be sure to really very closely watch the 9 pm show.  

I used to love my food processor too until I was careless when removing the blade insert and somehow cut straight through the tendon on my left thumb.  I now have a healthy respect for these open blades.

Honored Contributor

I assume it was then.  I fell asleep and woke up and saw him on.  It was quick and he didn't make a big deal out of it.  He'd been spirling several different things.  Maybe the blade just got dull.

They switched over to Shannon talking and they came back quickly and I saw him moving the 'old' one.  

I'm not busting on the machine.  I do know what I saw though.  It sometimes happens.  I've seen it happen on QVC.

Recently I saw the guy (Eric) who sells the copper pans burn something really bad.  I think he was taking it out of the oven (can't quite remember) and the entire top of them were burnt really bad.  He poured them out and kinda grunted and then flipped them over and put something to kinda deflect from them (it was several) of whatever it was.

Not a big deal, again.  I don't see how Eric does it.  He has amazing endurance!  He'd probably left it in the oven too long.  It doesn't affect the pans but he probably felt like it wasn't appetizing...I don't know.

I don't catch many things on TV (miss most things), but every now and then I will notice something...Ha!

Honored Contributor

I forgot to say I gave my youngest daughter all of my appliances.  I had the wing ding Kitchen Aid mixer (the powerful one).

Can you believe I had a friend take them all to UPS and have UPS put them in boxes and send them out?  Anyway, I already had a lot of attachments for it but she wanted the spiralizer so I bought that for her.  She said it is amazing.  She said it works just like it's supposed to.

She wants the pasta thing now.  She skiis and does every sport known to man every weekend so I don't know when she's thinking she'll cook.  She isn't married but has a boyfriend who has his own apartment.

Respected Contributor
I bought the wok they have with the steamer basket. I was going to look at the spiralizer, but when I went to watch the video, Shannon was there! OMG...I hate watching her because she is so hyper. She was better on this episode, but wow at her ever present energy all over the place. I'm going to like the wok, but I have a similar spiralizer that does it by hand. That is enough for me, but if I was going to be doing it for a family or more people, then I would snap this up!
Respected Contributor

I agree with everyone about Shannon.  She is hard to watch, but was not as bad today as she usually is.  But even at midnight she was certain that the purple one would sell out quickly.  There is still at least one left now.

@Tigriss  I actually wanted to buy the mini KA standmixer so I could buy the spiralizer attachment.  But that won't happen.  I think I will go through with this order and I also ordered the book.