Honored Contributor

62C30585-2C51-4191-89CE-4EB1089A9227.jpegDark chocolate for me please.  I eat 1 ounce every day.  I am addicted to it.  I really don't like my chocolate sweet.  I am not addicted to the sugar, only the cocao.

I buy the bars with the highest percent of cocao that I can find.  I eat it because I love it and it is good for my health.

Here's a bar from my handbag.  I always have some with me.

Trusted Contributor

At one time I would never touch dark chocolate.  Now I love it.  When I worked in international at GF, those of us on the executive floor would get a candy dish filled each morning with our European chocolates.  Not good - My nephew and I became dark chocolate addicts!Woman Tongue

My favorite chocolate is KitKats (now comes in dark chocolate), M&MS and Mounds.  I also like nuts, chocolates and raisins mixed in my chocolate.  Also loved Nestle's Crunch but haven't seen them in a long time.  There were times I would probably sell my sister for a piece of chocolate!

History Channel is running a series called The Food That Built America.  It's covers the history of food companies, i.e., Heinz, Coca Cola, General Foods, Mars Candy.  I find it very interesting as I thought I knew all about GF, but I learned alot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie  I'm with you on the 92% dark chocolates by Ghirardelli, which are kept beside my chair where I read. Just purchased more today!

My son and DIL brought back CACAO tea from South America. Great big round balls of cacao (larger than a tennis ball). You boil water and drop them in. Thought I had died and gone to Heaven!! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady   Oh that tea sounds wonderful.  What a nice gift.  

Super Contributor

Both!   I like milk chocolate in a shake, dark chocolate in a lava cake with vanilla ice cream.  Recently had Godiva truffles -  absolutely divine.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie  It was one of my favorite gifts of all time! So, naturally, I tried to order some more. Then I couldn't afford to buy it from the US! It was expensive to begin with, but the shipping was outrageous.

They have to go on another vacation and bring back a lot more CACAO tea!! They drink strong coffee. Don't know where they'll go next. <sigh>

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Just give me chocolate.  I don't care if it's dark, milk, white, I'll eat it.  My main criteria for chocolate is that it has to be a good quality - much better, smoother taste.  I have had European chocolate that is very rich and delicious.

I love chocolate covered cherries, or with coconut, raspberry, orange.  I'll definitely take truffles.  Boy, I am now going to the kitchen and get into the chocolates wrapped in Christmas colored paper from my candy dishes stash.  I think I'll have a Dove peppermint bark dark chocolate in the green wrapper!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

drop the mic.gif

As a kid that was my very favorite--along with Zero bars and Pay Day!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23   And I LOVE LOVE LOVE those sort of gummy orange things that are wrapped in chocolate.  Sometimes they are like sticks.  I don't guess they have a name. 

I used to get them at the Godiva store.  Orange and chocolate is a fabulous combination!

Honored Contributor

I like expensive Belgium  chocolates. Dark of course.  I also like bitter chocolate. I hate the American version of candy Chocolate. (Snickers, Milky way, etc)