Honored Contributor

Micro wave oven died☠️ This morning😢

[ Edited ]

Not that old....maybe three years old.  I do use it a lot for  reheating  things all day long, so, I suppose that may be why the shorter life. My microwave is a staple appliance in our home. 

The previous one that this  dead microwave replaced three years ago was the same brand(Panasonic)  and came with the house we bought in 1991 and lasted  about 15 years. And that one was old when we bought the house!  I guess things just do not last any more.....

I ordered a replacement Panisonic microwave this morning from Amazon that will be the same size to fit in the cupboard where we keep it. Basically the same everything, just new.   Cheaper to replace than fix sadly....I looked up fixing the issue ourselves and it was not recommended unless you are a professional when the error code comes up "H98".  H98 code displayed  is a death code for Panasonic microwaves!💀

Amazon says it will be here by 9PM.  I will be impressed if it shows up. Amazon is pretty amazing!  What would do without my Amazon🥰

Amazon just emailed me that it has shipped and is on its way🙂❤️

UPDATE The microwave just arrived at 5:45 PM  pacific time.  I ordered it about 7AM. That is pretty fast!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Micro wave oven died☠️ This morning😢

Must be nice to live in the Seattle area.  It would take 3-4 days to get to me minimum.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Not that old....maybe three years old.  I do use it a lot for  reheating  things all day long, so, I suppose that may be why the shorter life. My microwave is a staple appliance in our home. 

The previous one that this  dead microwave replaced three years ago was the same brand(Panasonic)  and came with the house we bought in 1991 and lasted  about 15 years. And that one was old when we bought the house!  I guess things just do not last any more.....

I ordered a replacement Panisonic microwave this morning from Amazon that will be the same size to fit in the cupboard where we keep it. Basically the same everything, just new.   Cheaper to replace than fix sadly....I looked up fixing the issue ourselves and it was not recommended unless you are a professional when the error code comes up "H98".  H98 code displayed  is a death code for Panasonic microwaves!💀

Amazon says it will be here by 9PM.  I will be impressed if it shows up. Amazon is pretty amazing!  What would do without my Amazon🥰

Mine died when we were right in the thick of the shut down, so even though it was Amazon , I had to wait about a week. Boy did I miss it. I freeze a lot so the microwave really comes in handy for defrosting. I had two Panasonic's , but I thought the last one died too soon, so this time I got a Sharp, fingers crossed, so far so good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1   I will give this  panisonic a last chance....then try another brand if I am not a happy camper. 

Super Contributor

We constantly use our microwave, and our GE Profile model stopped working recently after about 12 years.  Wanted to replace it with the same model, but it wasnt available, so I got a similar GE.  12 years is not a bad run, will see if the newer version can compare.   It was on sale at Best Buy.  Ordered on line and they loaded in the car  a couple of hours later.   Replacement was kinda free since I used my stimulus debit card for it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden  I had a LG one break after about 5 years, and they wanted $350 to fix it!  

I went on line and the exact same size (probably last years model) was being cleared out for just $250.  However, Lowes was backordered until mid-Jan, and Home Depot wanted $65 just to deliver it since there wasn't any free shipping on appliances with Home Depot since it wasn't $399+.

Believe it or not, I got lucky and found it online from Best Buy for the same price, and free ship to store and got it in 4 days.

I stuck with LG because it's an over the stove model and the brackets and support system were all the same size, so it took my son about 5 minutes to install!

And, I probably use it maybe 5 times a week, so in my mind, it should have lasted a lot longer then 5 years.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I had a Panasonic microwave that died this year too. I think it had a good run - it lasted 17 years.   I don’t use it much to cook in but a lot of defrosting and reheating.  I bought a basic GE. So far so good. 

Honored Contributor

My Sharp Carousal work horse will be 30 yrs old next month.....

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at Sun, Oct 25, 2020-4.12.11 PM.pngIMG_0121.jpg

You can use alumininum foil too.  You put the foil over the food that you do not want to heat up.

I don't think they make microwaves this big anymore.  Lots of room for my 11" dinner plates & tall stuff.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

My GE died last year. It was about 23 years old. Replaced with another GE. I'm pretty sure it won't last as long. They just don't make anything to last anymore.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden I got up Saturday to a dead coffee pot so I can understand your predicament.  I went to a big box store and had no idea there were so many brands and types available.  I had hot coffee this morning and hope that Amazon delivers in a timely manner.