Honored Contributor

Re: Mexican Food: Like it? Eat it a lot?

Yes, I like it more than DH does.  Often when we take short vacations, I like to try different Mexican venues.

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd- We're not vegetarians but one of my hubby's daughter's is. When we have a get together I put up a taco bar with the usual Mexican food veggie accoutrement plus rice and vegetarian beans, along with a couple meat options.

Then there is "something for everyone" to enjoy. And she does!!!

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates  She is very blessed to have you....what a good mom!  Can I come too...sounds delicious!

@sandraskates wrote:

@phoenixbrd- We're not vegetarians but one of my hubby's daughter's is. When we have a get together I put up a taco bar with the usual Mexican food veggie accoutrement plus rice and vegetarian beans, along with a couple meat options.

Then there is "something for everyone" to enjoy. And she does!!!

Valued Contributor

I live in Phoenix and have Mexican food at least once week.  Love it.  Murder on my diet but I have to have my fix

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love Tex-Mex and I like it HOT!  My favorite is cheese enchiladas with a crispy beef taco!---YUM!!! I try to eat healthy so don't eat it all the time, but steak and chicken fajitas with some pico de gallo is pretty healthy so Ill eat that---  I live in Texas so good restaurants in my town.....but some have tried to make it upscale gourmet and its just not good.........I just like the down home flavors.  I do like street tacos too........like Al Pastor marinated pork with secial chiplote sauce is good........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

LOVE IT....it's one of my favorite ethnic foods.  I live in a rural area of the Midwest and there's not really any authentic Mexican restaurants near me but the ones we have are still good. I prefer extremely spicy/HOT foods period!

We do have a small dive that just opened that is "supposed" to be authentic.  I've ordered from there a couple of times and It is very good!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Not if it has cumin in it.

@CelticCrafter  If food doesn't have cumin in it, it's not Mexican.  It's what give Mexican food and Chile its distinctive flavor. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Quesadillas - chicken with lots of melted cheese and sour cream

Love tacos!!  Love taco seaosning in general.  

Chicken enchiladas

Fajitas with lots of cooked onions - chicken or beef or shrimp...makes no difference as long as there is lots of onion, cheese, lettuce, salasa, sour cream, etc for toppings..i will put queso on them too if there is extra....I will eat either corn or flour tortillas....I like to butter them before putting on my toppings.  

Dislike refried beans

Like spanish or mexican style rice

Love love love a good queso with chips.  I will dip chips in queso then into salsa and then into my mouth...yummm.  

I like mexican food a little warm spice but not too hot....I will not eat any visiable jalepeno pepper.  

Trusted Contributor

Hey Sooner, yes I LOVE Mexican food as long as it's Tex Mex and yes I eat

way too much of it.  I cook and eat healthy at home to justify my getting

Tex Mex once a week - or else I get cranky.  Really Cranky.Woman Frustrated

I judge all Tex Mex restaurants by their queso.  If they set a bowl of plain melted cheese in front of me without all the red and green goodies floating around, I won't make a return vsit.  

It's hard for me to pick a favorite Tex Mex meal - I pretty much like the entire menu. Smiley Happy

And now who is craving Mex??   ME ME ME

Honored Contributor

Medium

1-2 times a month

Like it here at home, we use the burritos instead of the little boxed sized ones. 

Fill er up. Love the flavors.