Esteemed Contributor

Memorial Day Plans or Laying Low?

With some loosening of restrictions is anyone having people over?  I know there are some limitations on the number of folks you are supposed to have.

DD and I aren't doing a thing.  I think my son is on call for his job so he will be home.

My husbands one nephew-in-law called everyone to see if they would want chicken BBQ.  No get together he will cook the chicken and you do curbside pickup at their house.

Everyone have a safe weekend.

Honored Contributor

Re: Memorial Day Plans or Laying Low?

Not much to do, supposed to rain tomorrow. Staying close to home going to see another apt in the complex that is up for sale.

Ordering in and grilling, sort of like a Summer weekend but no eating out

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I am not doing anything social at all. Now is, in some ways, scarier than before.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 : How lovely of your nephew in law. What a sweetie

Esteemed Contributor

@Sadiesadie  Yes, he is.  There are a passel of nieces and nephews on DH's side, he came froma big family.  They are all good young men and women.

Honored Contributor

I'm in southeastern PA and we're still under code red until June 5th....not much to do but hang out in the backyard.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2The only kinds of places I want to go where I'm not going already are not safe according to those I listen to.   Just because they open or have fewer restrictions doesn't mean I have to go.   I'm not ready at all to be indoors with a group of strangers for a couple of hours which pretty much leaves out the last phase of places to open -   and all the kinds of places I'd like to go.  

I'm not alone -  just yesterday I had a sidewalk chat with a neighbor who has been a regular Sunday AM to church goer for all the years I've known her, and she was struggling with what her decision would be if her church opened.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  We mentioned a cul de sac picnic to some of the neighbors. Some were ready to go, but others were not so enthusiastic, so we decided to play it by ear. I can't tell you how much we miss our picnics with our neighbors.

Respected Contributor

Laying low.  Yesterday I did a pickup order from Olive Garden where they bring it to your car.  I noticed many people going into the restaurant and coming out.  Yesterday I social distanced with my brother at a local park.  He brought lawn chairs and we sat at least 6 ft. apart and visited for a few hours.  Very nice to be out in the fresh air and visit with him.  

Respected Contributor

I'm getting a bag of Voodoo Chips and some coleslaw, defrosting the Ball Park Angus dogs, and having a couch picnic with a glass of Stur lemon iced tea. The  cats will get a couple of dog bits, if they're good.

I cannot imagine trying to relax with other people at this point. It's scary to me that the people who are don't realize they're part of a big experiment, not that it's magically safe somehow.