Honored Contributor

Re: Memorial Day Plans or Laying Low?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

aw what a sweetheart guy your husbands nil!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Laying low. Church is opening, but very few instructions were given, so for safety reasons, we'll stay home. I had emailed the pastor with some concerns about distancing and he never answered; he's a fly by the seat of your pants person and I'm highly organized. 

Trusted Contributor

Laying low.  My husband and I are both at higher risk.  I had a terrible bout with pneumonia last year, and I fear getting the virus.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   We have plans; to lay low.

Super Contributor

We will play golf as we usually do on Memorial Day, but this year the club isn’t having a tournament.  We will just have regular tee times.  Normally, we have a large poster on which we may write names of veterans who are significant to us, as a memory to them. After golf we would enjoy a dinner with patriotic tributes.  This time, we will just go home and have the normal quarantine dinner, whatever that might be!

i hope you all will stay safe and healthy as we remember those who have given so much to preserve our freedom.  We are all warriors of a sort right now, so let’s keep doing our part so that next Memorial Day we may be able to return to a somewhat more familiar celebration.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

we were going to have DD and her DH and my granddaughter over for a little memorial day dinner, but DD has a bad sinus infection ... so we will postpone our plans till she is feeling better.   as i mentioned in another thread, we are going to try to grab a meal today at an outdoor cafe that we frequent.   not sure if we will be successful, (because of social distancing)  but we are at least going to try.  

PS:  what a wonderful gesture from your nephew-in-law, @CrazyKittyLvr2