Honored Contributor
LOL! The shipping & handling is 47% of the cost of the item. And I'm pretty sure I've seen this at CVS and Target, i.e. NO shipping.

I grant that depending on the item, its uniqueness to QVC, and how badly it's wanted, an item may occasionally be worth an exorbitant (for size/weight/shipper) s&h fee. But a *meatloaf pan* that can be found locally in many areas? A $15 and change item where the s&h is $7 and change? That just makes me laugh.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
On 1/11/2015 moonchilde said:LOL! The shipping & handling is 47% of the cost of the item. And I'm pretty sure I've seen this at CVS and Target, i.e. NO shipping.

I grant that depending on the item, its uniqueness to QVC, and how badly it's wanted, an item may occasionally be worth an exorbitant (for size/weight/shipper) s&h fee. But a *meatloaf pan* that can be found locally in many areas? A $15 and change item where the s&h is $7 and change? That just makes me laugh.

I agree with you, when I first started cooking, over forty years ago, I learned to use any bake pan I had for meatloaf.

At times we can be talked into anything.

I've eve used bundt pans for meatloaf, a loaf pan, cake pan, lasagne pan....anything ole pan will do.

Honored Contributor

I can see that Chef Tony's pan might be helpful and more convenient, but how much does the average person make meatloaf, and how many people want theirs "stuffed?" Not a pan many would have a real need for on a routine basis. The s&h just makes it seem silly to buy from QVC in this case.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor
The S & H was pretty steep. I however enjoyed the presentation and now I know I can use a brick like object to make an indentation, stuff it, cover and bake, lol. Didn't cost me a dime.
Trusted Contributor

Like it or not, shipping costs money. QVC has to not only package it, ship it, insure it, plus pay for the labor involved.

Before someone sings the praises of Amazon, be aware that an item like this would not ship for free.