Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meatloaf! What a topic.....

On 1/26/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/26/2015 betteb said:

I sometimes cook my meatloaf in a muffin tin. Perfect serving size and easy to wrap and freezeSmile

betteb this sounds like a good idea, but what happens to the drippings from the meatloaf? do you use a cookie sheet under the muffin tin. i like to use the drippings to make a brown gravy for my meatloaf.

Yes, a cookie sheet or a cake pan, whatever is handy. It's just me now so I usually use a 6 cup silicone muffin pan.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the link to the Jenny Jones site. I bookmarked it. I really enjoyed looking at all her delicious healthy looking recipes and plan to make some.

Trusted Contributor

Oh wow, I found her by chance on you tube and I subscribed to her. I also follow her on Pinterest. You know I didn't put two and two together until it was brought up her Talk Show which I watched everyday. Thanks for sharing her link here.

Honored Contributor

Oh I never use a recipe for a meatloaf! All of my meatloaves are never the same. I make mine with whatever I'm trying to get rid of in my frig. Yummmm!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have a favorite meatloaf, but the topping is so easy and so good!! Brown sugar, catsup and mustard! That's the frosting on the cake!!!

Frequent Contributor

I have watched her on youtube-she gave me the courage to make pirogues and they turned out great. She is an awesome cook.

Honored Contributor

When you ladies make the meatloafs in the muffin tins...do you use the Texas size Muffin tins? My 'vintage' (meaning old piece of junk) muffin tin cavities seem so small...my muffins and cupcakes are barely 3 bites. I rarely make cupcakes and opt for layer cakes instead.

I was thinking of getting a Texas size muffin pan from BB&B, but didn't know if I would use it enough to make the purchase (well, actually the storing of yet another pan) worthwhile.

Respected Contributor

Juicy Meat Loaf

1 1/2 pounds ground beef

3/4 c uncooked oatmeal (quick or old fashioned)

2 eggs

chopped onion to taste

salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

1 c tomato sauce

Mix all ingredients pack into a loaf or 9 inch glass pan. Bake at 350* for 1 hour.

About 10 minutes before meatloaf is done, spread some ketchup over the top,

put back in the oven and finish cooking.

Respected Contributor

You know what I love to do with leftover meatloaf? I slice it. Heat it up. Serve on hamburger buns. Put pickles, ketsup, mustard or whatever you eat on a regular hamburger. I love it! I actually like it better than real hamburgers.

I do want meatloaf now!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/27/2015 RespectLife said:

When you ladies make the meatloafs in the muffin tins...do you use the Texas size Muffin tins? My 'vintage' (meaning old piece of junk) muffin tin cavities seem so small...my muffins and cupcakes are barely 3 bites. I rarely make cupcakes and opt for layer cakes instead.

I was thinking of getting a Texas size muffin pan from BB&B, but didn't know if I would use it enough to make the purchase (well, actually the storing of yet another pan) worthwhile.

I've used both sizes and yes, the smaller one does make small portions.

As far as storage goes, the silicone pans are much easier to store and clean.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines