Super Contributor

It is cold and snowy here too and we just had meatloaf, twice baked potatoes, and carrots for our dinner! Also, we had brownies for dessert! Now my husband is going out to clear snow and I am doing laundry. It is a great day to warm the house up with the oven going.

Respected Contributor

Chicken and rice soup & grilled cheese sammie.

Honored Contributor

lambshanks with potatoes and carrots and onions in a tomato/garlic/lemon/saffron sauce.

basmati rice

garden salad

yogurt with mint and cucumbers.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

A few days ago, I went to Sams and got two 4 lb trays of stew beef.

In the crock pot I put 1 pk stew beef, about 3 large onions cut in wedges so they don't cook down, and about 2 cups roughly chopped mushrooms.

Over everything, I poured a can of beef broth and put a cup of burgundy wine with Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. 

The kitchen smells amazing.

I'll mash the potatoes.  I didn't add them because refrigerated potatoes get mealy from the starch changing to sugar.

I can keep wines in the refrigerator a long time because I put the air back in the bottle like resturants do.

These are very inexpensive.

Esteemed Contributor

Chicken noodle soup with matzo balls & Brisket with mashed potatoes.Also going to open a bottle of wine 🍷.

Esteemed Contributor

Planned Sunday dinner days ago, before the snow storm was forecast. Invited DS & DDIL over. We are having chili, with cupcakes for dessert.

Honored Contributor

Meat loaf is a fav of mine in fall and winter. I love it with mashed potatoes and a veggie. Comfort food indeed. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, posters are eating good today !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I'm making a rotisserie chicken with green bean casserole and steamed zucchini tonight. Then, homemade vegetable beef and barley soup for tomorrow's dinner. It's been alternating between snow and sleet here all day long, so we can still see the blades of grass peeking out through the snow on our lawns. We're supposed to get a little more than 6" of snow by this time Tuesday. 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Wow, posters are eating good today !

Well @QVCkitty1 , I'll break the trend!

For supper (we eat at 4pm since furbabies do not abide by such a foolish/archaic time change) we had a can of Hormel Corned Beef cooked in a LeCrueset pan (guess that's  an oxymorinWoman Wink).

Eddy's was served over a bed of Crave Kibble; I just had mine in a soup bowl.  Since the boy loves food from his Mama's dish, I doled out two additional servings to His Highness.  Then got up and scooped the remants from the pan for myself!Woman LOL

Ever since I could no longer find the canned corn beef in the grocery store, I went into crave mode.  Got a case of it from Amazonsmile, so never to run out again!Woman Very Happy

Haven't decided on dessert yet.  Eddy will probably have a Nudges and I'll probably have a couple cookies with a cup of tea!

We're due for 8'14" beginning tomorrow morningWoman Tongue.

Keep safe everyone. Oh!  We'll make sure to eat our veggies tomorrow!Woman Frustrated