Respected Contributor

Which do you prefer and, if mayo, which brand?

We like mayo, but haven't been known to refuse anything made with Miracle Whip lol. I prefer Hellmann's, and I've tried just about every brand such as Kraft's (not as rich) and Wegmans (so-so).

I remember mom buying a brand called Cain's because Dad loved it--it was thick, creamy, and rich. Many of the local delis around here supposedly used it for their mayo-based salads. Mom used to get it at a store called Hegedorn's, but you can't find it now. DH has some relatives in Maine, and one of them mentioned that it hails from New England.

How about you?

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Neither! eww eww

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Miracle whip, mayo's too greasy tasting to me. I wouldn't refuse it if someone made me a sandwich or anything. I'd never buy it tho.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Hellman's all the way in my household; my mother never used any other mayo.

Miracle Whip is too sweet or something never thought of trying any other brand.

Valued Contributor
Hellmans, is there any other spread?
Esteemed Contributor

My mom always used Miracle Whip, so that's what I mainly use. But I do combine Duke's Mayo with Miracle Whip when I make chicken or potato salad and sometimes cole slaw. (Just saw LoLa's coconut cream pie recipe...this forum is making me hungry!)Smile

Trusted Contributor

Both depending on the recipes, but ONLY Best Foods (Hellman's) mayo for my potato salad! I grew up with Miracle Whip, and couldn't stand mayo for a long time.

Super Contributor
Both, depends on/in what.. Wait didn't I just answer this on "viewpoints"?...oh and the mayo should be Best Foods or Dukes....
Honored Contributor

I do the same thing as kittymomNC. I go half and half. Years ago I couldn't make up my mind what to use so I compromised. And I always get raves on my potato salad.

Super Contributor

I like both for different things.

Miracle Whip or Hellmans only