Honored Contributor

I just saw on FB that there is a Temp-tations TSV coming in May (sorry I don't know what day) and it is another set of plastic locking storage containers. No word on what brand she may have partnered with, or if they are generic, but the last ones were such a disaster that she did with Sistema. They were not air tight or water tight like Lock and Lock, and the tabs were breaking off easily.

If these are done by Lock and Lock, they should be very nice, and worth having, but if not, this is another disappointing and cheap TSV. I like that there are offerings besides the stoneware, but the quality has to be there. If these aren't of L&L quality, this is just such a waste of time. TSV's are supposed to be something really great and exciting, and these aren't so much. Seems they are going to be available in OW and Floral Lace.

Respected Contributor

I saw these in the Insider but there was no mention if they are BPA safe so I am holding off on these until I see the presentation. They do look pretty though.

Honored Contributor
On 4/14/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

I saw these in the Insider but there was no mention if they are BPA safe so I am holding off on these until I see the presentation. They do look pretty though.

I think you'd have a hard time now finding any plastic storage for food that DOES have BPA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
There is no reference in the Insider with Lock n Lock. It does say "in response to your suggestion they now feature lids with a four-hinge locking system that ensures safer airtight transport to barbeques etc. " Dishwasher top rack, freezer, and microwave safe. The new Springfetti and Fireworkfetti are going to be offered.
Honored Contributor
The date is May 7th, and the lids are solid colored with the pattern on the containers.
Honored Contributor
On 4/16/2014 Tissyanne said: There is no reference in the Insider with Lock n Lock. It does say "in response to your suggestion they now feature lids with a four-hinge locking system that ensures safer airtight transport to barbeques etc. " Dishwasher top rack, freezer, and microwave safe. The new Springfetti and Fireworkfetti are going to be offered.

Thanks for the info! excited to see Fireworkfetti finally being released!

Honored Contributor
mominohio, you are welcome. There is a swatch of the fireworkfetti, and I believe the lids will be dark blue, with red and blue print on the containers.
Super Contributor

Temp-tations 6-piece Old World Storage Fireworkfetti

Super Contributor

Temp-tations 6-piece Old World Storage Springfetti

Super Contributor
On 4/14/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

They're imported. Safer than products manufactured in the US. The good 'ole USA is a 'Johnny come lately' when it comes to BPA free. USA still considers BPA/BPS to be safe. Many individual states have enacted regulations, but that doesn't help much when searching for a BPA or BPS free product since products only carry the country name, not the individual state name on item or literature.

BPA/BPS has been banned in many other countries, even China, same as many food dyes that are considered safe in the US but are known to be carcinogenetic. We tend to fall far behind in these things.