Respected Contributor

Re: May 24 Today is NATIONAL ESCARGOT DAY

Anyone remember the "I Love Lucy" episode where she went to France, was served escargot, and told the waiter there were snails on her plate? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Speaking of snails, there was a little snail whose dream it was to have a car that was covered all over with the letter "S." When his friends asked him why, he replied, "I know I'm just a humble little snail, but if I were driving around in a car like that, everyone would say, 'Hey, look at that S car go!'" {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 5/24/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:

Anyone remember the "I Love Lucy" episode where she went to France, was served escargot, and told the waiter there were snails on her plate? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Speaking of snails, there was a little snail whose dream it was to have a car that was covered all over with the letter "S." When his friends asked him why, he replied, "I know I'm just a humble little snail, but if I were driving around in a car like that, everyone would say, 'Hey, look at that S car go!'" {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

LOLOL!!!! When I first saw this thread I thought of that joke... wondered how long before someone would say it... hahaha! Too funny FHG! That made me giggle.

Brew, I think you might be on to something with those African snails...caviar and slime!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Now I'm wishing we had snails, but too dry here.

I just wish there was a good restaurant around here that served escargot, because now they sound really good!

Esteemed Contributor

Well, its shrimp day here, lol. Yum!

Super Contributor

On 5/24/2014 PinkSugar said:

Well, its shrimp day here, lol. Yum!

I like those too! You know it's not nice if you don't bring enough for everyone. Wink

Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2014 brewhaha said:
On 5/24/2014 Jules5280 said:
On 5/24/2014 Yahooey said:

Darn it! I just got rid of some snails from my garden.

Slugs??!

They look like African snails. The shells are about two inches long.

You might have yourself a business Brew... escargot is worth a fortune now... seriously! There are even chefs harvesting escargot caviar.... train those snails!!!

A little side income never hurts.

Mine were free. I tried them on a cruise ship. They weren't bad but I don't have the overpowering urge for more.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

We used to see people in France eat them all the time but we never got over the ugh factor and didn't order them.