Respected Contributor

May 16 Today is NATIONAL COQUILLES ST JACQUES Day link to a recipe:

go to http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/coquilles-st-jacques-recipe.html

So if you like scallops, maybe you'll try this dish out!!!

Super Contributor

Re: May 16 Today is NATIONAL COQUILLES ST JACQUES Day link to a recipe:

I LOVE scallops! I am a pretty good cook, used to run a catering business and one day thought I would buy some diver scallops in the shell,and prepare them..

Anyone EVER clean a scallop? WOW! I was not prepared for THAT!

These days, I prefer to generally get the "good " ones at restauarant, where , if, perchance they are prepared badly, you can send them back....

Before that day, I thought "cleaning scallops" involved cutting that tiny peice of muscle off the side....

Honored Contributor

Thanks Barb, I have enjoyed these 'daily' posts!

I had this in a restaurant years ago and loved it! I am sure I can make it myself...but I will be using 'clean' scallops! Thanks stilltamn8r...I have seen them do it on chopped and was pretty sure I wasn't going to try it.

In fact, I ordered the sea scallops from Q (in the shell you just bake) and they were TOTALLY tasteless and disappointing. I am going to defrost them and repurpose them into the above recipe!

Honored Contributor

I was going to ask how to clean them, but I guess I'd better not or I might never eat them again.