Honored Contributor

Re: Masterbuilt Smoked Chicken & Chicken Wings

@Nightowlz 

LOL, men and their toys!

Yours sounds like the same size as ours...4 racks.

The window seemed like a great idea, but years and years of smoking has rendered it useless!

The probes are the best part.

DH actually wants a Rec-Tec more...similar in price and design to Traeger but has features (of which I don't remember) which he says make it better than Traeger.

We just went to Lowe's and got a charcoal/wood grill to replace our propane/gas.  They wanted only $10 to put it together and deliver.  At the register, no one could get the order to work, so the manager waived the fee for us!  They will deliver tomorrow.

It wasn't all that much and WAY less than his Rec-tec/Traeger wish list, so hopefully it will hold him off till much further down the line.

Have you ever done muffin tin smoking?  He got an email about it and I got him a Texas size muffin pan at Aldi's this week for $4.99.  He drilled holes in each cup.  Do up your meat however, and stuff in the holes.  Place on a cookie sheet and fill the cookie sheet w/ liquid (stock/beer etc)  Similar to putting a can up the butt or using one of those chix roaster pans.

The chix was really good, moist and good smoke flavor.  I know you guys are experts so you probably heard of it.

Glad Aldi's had a cheap pan cuz no way he was drilling holes in my good muffin pan!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Nightowlz 

LOL, men and their toys!

Yours sounds like the same size as ours...4 racks.

The window seemed like a great idea, but years and years of smoking has rendered it useless!

The probes are the best part.

DH actually wants a Rec-Tec more...similar in price and design to Traeger but has features (of which I don't remember) which he says make it better than Traeger.

We just went to Lowe's and got a charcoal/wood grill to replace our propane/gas.  They wanted only $10 to put it together and deliver.  At the register, no one could get the order to work, so the manager waived the fee for us!  They will deliver tomorrow.

It wasn't all that much and WAY less than his Rec-tec/Traeger wish list, so hopefully it will hold him off till much further down the line.

Have you ever done muffin tin smoking?  He got an email about it and I got him a Texas size muffin pan at Aldi's this week for $4.99.  He drilled holes in each cup.  Do up your meat however, and stuff in the holes.  Place on a cookie sheet and fill the cookie sheet w/ liquid (stock/beer etc)  Similar to putting a can up the butt or using one of those chix roaster pans.

The chix was really good, moist and good smoke flavor.  I know you guys are experts so you probably heard of it.

Glad Aldi's had a cheap pan cuz no way he was drilling holes in my good muffin pan!

@RespectLife 

Never heard of Rec-Tec so I will have to tell DH about it so he can check it out.

Never heard of muffin tin smoking either but I will check it out.

Aldi's is a good place for some things you can use while cooking out that are not expensive. I like the set of 3 dark cookie sheets. They come in handy when we use the smoker.

We are hoping it will be nice this weekend instead of raining so we can make some more of those bbq wings.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Thanks, I will check Aldi's for those dark cookie sheets.  He wrapped it good in foil, but still, I bake a lot and don't want him ruining my good ones!  I need a small one to fit in properly.

I will ask DH for that muffin link.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz  and any other meat smokers...

here is that link to the muffin tin recipe in case anyone is interested.

OH!  They call it cupcake...I have been saying muffin!  LOL

Hide
To 
Cc 
Bcc 
Slideshow

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Nightowlz  and any other meat smokers...

here is that link to the muffin tin recipe in case anyone is interested.

OH!  They call it cupcake...I have been saying muffin!  LOL

@RespectLife 

Those look really good. I don't have any thighs with bones. Just bought 5 lbs of boneless, skinless thighs I use to make Bourbon Chicken with. Froze half of that & made some Bourbon Chicken with rice tonight for dinner.

Honored Contributor

Actually @Nightowlz 

I didn't either!  We used boneless breasts....just watched our time and smoked it less than a bone in chix.

I would play with this tin idea again.  Got to!  It has holes in it now!  LOL  Need to try a couple more times to get our money outta the tin!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Would you please edit your post?

Somehow when I pasted the recipe link our email addresses appeared and I didn't notice.

I took both out of mine, but I can't edit yours.

THANKS!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Nightowlz 

Would you please edit your post?

Somehow when I pasted the recipe link our email addresses appeared and I didn't notice.

I took both out of mine, but I can't edit yours.

THANKS!

@RespectLife 

Deleted email addy. Sorry about that. I really did not pay any attention to that part of the text or I would have already deleted it.

It's raining today so going to make more wings on the smoker tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Thanks!

That was totally my fault!  I usually proof my posts after, but I never noticed it!

What a dummy I am!

Honored Contributor

I fix wings in air fryer the ninja foodi really good, no crisco LOL