Honored Contributor

Re: Masterbuilt Smoked Chicken & Chicken Wings

@RespectLife wrote:

Thanks @Nightowlz   !!!

I've never head of that brand...will search for it!  That chix looks fab!

@RespectLife 

It may be hard to find unless you live in Ok where it's made. You can find it online. WalMart carries it so you could see if shipping is available in your area or not. When we don't use that we use Sweet Baby Ray's. Only 2 BBQ sauces we care for.

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@RespectLifeI  like to inject my chickens with apple juice before I smoke them, stay extra juicy.

@hayseed00 

I told DH to inject the whole chicken with the Cajun Creole Butter but he said it did not need it. It was juicy.

Trusted Contributor

@NightowlzI like the Cajun butter also, your pics of the chicken look so delicious !!!!

Super Contributor

Great!! These look delicious.

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@RespectLifeI  like to inject my chickens with apple juice before I smoke them, stay extra juicy.

@hayseed00 

That you!  I know DH uses a lot of apple juice smoking but I'm not sure if he does chix.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz @RespectLife , I think I am needing one of those smokers.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

Not to be an enabler, tee hee... YES, GIT IT, GIT IT as David V. says!  We LOVE ours.  I got it for DH for our anniversary years ago.  Best gift ever!

We smoke everything all year long.  In the winter, we move it into the garage cuz we don't want to be w/o it.

Our gas grill has been busted for 2 yrs and we haven't even missed it!

We have the Masterbuilt electric smoker.  DH wants to upgrade to a Rec-Tec or Traerger in the future.  He wants a BIG one!  Those 2 brands are pellet and wood.

Our electric Masterbuilt is just fine!  Easy to program. Uses electricity and wood chips.  I don't expect to smoke an entire hog....but he wants a bigger one someday.

We can fit up to a 15-16 lb turkey, or 2 pork butts etc.  It has plenty of room even when we are serving the meat for a party of 25!  It is also the perfect size for 4 steaks or burgers.

But you know boys and their toys....always wanting bigger!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 

Not to be an enabler, tee hee... YES, GIT IT, GIT IT as David V. says!  We LOVE ours.  I got it for DH for our anniversary years ago.  Best gift ever!

We smoke everything all year long.  In the winter, we move it into the garage cuz we don't want to be w/o it.

Our gas grill has been busted for 2 yrs and we haven't even missed it!

We have the Masterbuilt electric smoker.  DH wants to upgrade to a Rec-Tec or Traerger in the future.  He wants a BIG one!  Those 2 brands are pellet and wood.

Our electric Masterbuilt is just fine!  Easy to program. Uses electricity and wood chips.  I don't expect to smoke an entire hog....but he wants a bigger one someday.

We can fit up to a 15-16 lb turkey, or 2 pork butts etc.  It has plenty of room even when we are serving the meat for a party of 25!  It is also the perfect size for 4 steaks or burgers.

But you know boys and their toys....always wanting bigger!

@RespectLife,What size is it and how difficult is it to move around?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ours is a 30". 

It has a glass window (years of cooking has made it not very see through anymore!  Not a big deal)

It has wheels on the back 2 legs so it is fairly easy to move around.  If you live in a decent climate, you may never need to move it.  We have a nice thick cover for it.  We only move it to the garage once the blizzards start.

It has a temp probe which is a really good feature.

I got it at Q but it was so long ago, our model is not available any longer.

They are sold everywhere these days!!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

Ours is a 30". 

It has a glass window (years of cooking has made it not very see through anymore!  Not a big deal)

It has wheels on the back 2 legs so it is fairly easy to move around.  If you live in a decent climate, you may never need to move it.  We have a nice thick cover for it.  We only move it to the garage once the blizzards start.

@RespectLife wrote:

Ours is a 30". 

@RespectLife 

DH bought ours on closeout at Lowe's one year. It does not have the window but that's not a big deal for us. It also did not have any wheels on it. DH bought 4 wheels at Lowe's & installed them on the bottom. He can roll it around on the patio where he wants to use it. It also came with temperature probe plus we have a couple other thermometers with probes for other meats if we need them. Not sure of the size but it has 4 racks inside.

He also has a huge offset smoker that we used for years. Now he wants a Traeger but I don't think we need it. He also has a Weber grill.

We also use ours in the winter if we want something made on the smoker.