Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mason Cash bowls debuting on ITKWD

[ Edited ]

One thing they mentioned in the presentation that is totally worth highlighting: These bowls are actually made of earthenware, so they are not as heavy as the stoneware mixing bowls from lines like Fiesta but they're still substantial and sit nicely while you use them. They really are my favorite bowls...

Honored Contributor

I see them offered on Zulily a lot.  I don't have any, but they look nice.

I collect white serving bowls.  I have two glass door cupboards in my kitchen and display them there.

Honored Contributor

From England think they said

Regular Contributor

So happy to hear this. I got "hooked" on Mason Cash bowls while watching British Baking Show years ago. Finally, a quality product...(vs. the other alternative that begins with T!!)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a set of three Mason Cash mixing bowls that I've had for about 25 - 30 years.  They are the cane color on the outside.  Each has a different color on the inside--yellow, green and dark blue.  I keep them out on my kitchen table and love them.  None of them have any cracks or chips.  I always get compliments on them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

I was tempted when I saw them on QVC but thought they were made in China.  I have one white with blue interior I brought with me from England.  It is difficult to find china still made in England.They are great bowls.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc  I really like the look of these bowls, and they revived some memories of them when I was young - in the 'cane' color. Sort of what we called yellow ware. Was hoping they were still made in England, but it sure does look like they are now made in Portugal.

Honored Contributor

The only way I can get these past DH is to ask DD for them for Christmas.  That's how I get new pots and pans.  He does have a point, I have scads of glassware, cookware, and dinnerware.  I love the turquoise set.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@loriqvc  I really like the look of these bowls, and they revived some memories of them when I was young - in the 'cane' color. Sort of what we called yellow ware. Was hoping they were still made in England, but it sure does look like they are now made in Portugal.

Watch the video the English speaking guy is from England he asks how David's mother is doing, etc. Was on last night. He talks about the history of how the whole thing began

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom - Don't be worried at all about the production moving to Portugal; that country is known for beautiful work in a variety of ceramics and related materials that are created by and supplied to a lot of different brands. (And since the move took place 14 years ago, I'm sure any effects on MC employees have long since dissipated.)