New Contributor

Re: Martha's Turkey and Sides

What was your verdict?

Honored Contributor

Sorry a lot of you were disappointed in the turkey and the sides.

Super Contributor

@Jasmine19 Please don't keep us in suspense lol....

How did it turn out? I suspect many of us were pulling for you, whether we posted here or not Smiley Wink

Hope the turkey was good!

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Valued Contributor

@catchersmom wrote:

@Jasmine19 Please don't keep us in suspense lol....

How did it turn out? I suspect many of us were pulling for you, whether we posted here or not Smiley Wink

Hope the turkey was good!

Thank you for checking! We enjoyed all four of the sides. They tasted good and easily fed four people with leftovers. They took longer to cook than I expected so I would recommend cooking them ahead of time and putting them back in the last 30 minutes to warm up.

The turkey tasted fine but I agree with other posters that it was a little tough. Not inedible by any means but definitely tougher than the butterball breasts I usually cook.

Super Contributor

@Jasmine19 whew! so happy to hear it was all edible Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting us know and hope you and your family have a wonderful rest of your holiday season!

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Super Contributor

Hi @BinkyBinky My Martha turkey and sides arrived today. You mentioned yours came with a video. I don't see a video in my package. Can you tell me if your video came in the styrofoam container or separately.

And then @Jasmine19 @catchersmom @Daysdee @Rockergal  @coconut1818 @BinkyBinky having read how bad this food turned out to be for many of you, I'm wondering if I should return mine before I ruin my birthday/Christmas celebration with Martha's food. I'm open to your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have for me.

Honored Contributor

@Fair Lady wrote:

Hi @BinkyBinky My Martha turkey and sides arrived today. You mentioned yours came with a video. I don't see a video in my package. Can you tell me if your video came in the styrofoam container or separately.

And then @Jasmine19 @catchersmom @Daysdee @Rockergal  @coconut1818 @BinkyBinky having read how bad this food turned out to be for many of you, I'm wondering if I should return mine before I ruin my birthday/Christmas celebration with Martha's food. I'm open to your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have for me.

You don't "return" food items.  If you are not satisfied, call Customer Service and you can get a refund. 

Super Contributor

Hi @Daysdee Thanks for your info. I didn't know that.

Respected Contributor

Well last night I cooked the MS turkey dinner. 

First I thawed it in the fridge for a few days and it is a good thing it was in a roasting pan-----the amount of liquid that seeped out was disturbing. The tail of the breast was thinner than the rest so I doubled it over and tied it.

I am not a good instruction follower and couldn't find any for the turkey so I preheated the oven to 425, salt and pepper on the meat and roasted for one hour. I then turned the temp down to 350* , added some water to the pan and smeared some of the butter on the meat. I also threw in the potatoes and spinach. Cooked for another hour, smearing on butter when I remembered and when internal temp 160*,  removed from oven . Uncovered sides to finish cooking, tented turkey and let rest for about 45 minutes. 

The verdict ! Much more food than you would imagine. The sides were excellent and the spinach was one of the best I have ever had. The turkey was very moist and not the least bit tough or chewy. I drizzled the butter mixture from the bottom of the pan over the cut slices and the flavor was awesome. 

This was an excellent meal.....not a single negative thing to report and I most certainly would buy it again to keep in the freezer for when the mood strikes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee wrote:

Sorry a lot of you were disappointed in the turkey and the sides.

@Daysdee-----I can't help but wonder if suggestibility influences some of the reviews. When a poster, who has not even prepared or tasted the meal, 

amazingly questions strangers as to whether or not she should return it so she won't be disappointed or ruin her celebration, one wonders at the lack of ability many people have to form their own opinion. 

I also wonder if there were not a money back guarantee how many people would decide it was delicious...