Valued Contributor

Has anyone made the Martha Stewart turkey dinner? I'm cooking it today and I'm a little nervous because there aren't many reviews and a few are pretty negative - especially about the sides.

I actually enjoy making Thanksgiving dinner so I'm a little annoyed that I got caught up in the hype of this tsv. There are only four of us tonight and my guests are usually easy to please. Hopefully everything will be delicious and I'm worrying for nothing. If not, there's always wine!

Contributor

Re: Martha's Turkey and Sides

I'm making Martha's "turkey" too, for hubby and I.  While there were quite a few of negative reviews, I'm going in with a positive attitude, as there were great reviews, too.  I'm a great cook, but for two of us, thought I would give this a try.  Stay tuned ... good luck!!  I'm going to look at the video they sent right now!!

Trusted Contributor

It’s going to be terrific, yummy and a big hit with everyone. People are often negative about Martha Stewart products because they don’t like her. She’s somewhat provocative in various echelons.   So their animus  confuses Martha with the mouthful,  and the products get ifly reviews. Few people like to say, “I hate Martha Stewart but I bought her darn food and now I have to admit it’s really delicious”. So they pan the food, which is actually pretty good. Best anyone ever ate ever anywhere? Debatable.   

The products are very good quality, taste tested thoroughly in focus groups and test kitchens, and nice people in many parts of the country  like the food. And order it online with confidence, not because of hype. 

Don’t get ahead of yourself. Cook or heat according to directions and enjoy a very satisfying meal. Wine will help confirm how tasty it is.

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

It’s going to be terrific, yummy and a big hit with everyone. People are often negative about Martha Stewart products because they don’t like her. She’s somewhat provocative in various echelons.   So their animus  confuses Martha with the mouthful,  and the products get ifly reviews. Few people like to say, “I hate Martha Stewart but I bought her darn food and now I have to admit it’s really delicious”. So they pan the food, which is actually pretty good. Best anyone ever ate ever anywhere? Debatable.   

The products are very good quality, taste tested thoroughly in focus groups and test kitchens, and nice people in many parts of the country  like the food. And order it online with confidence, not because of hype. 

Don’t get ahead of yourself. Cook or heat according to directions and enjoy a very satisfying meal. Wine will help confirm how tasty it is.

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

Great post !🍁

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I have it in the oven as well -  Happy Thanksgiving!

Valued Contributor

4:45 update: So far I've tasted the mashed potatoes, spinach, and mac and cheese and they are very good! The stuffing is still cold and the turkey won't be ready for a while but yay! So far, so good 😊 

I made it on Thanksgiving and it was too tough to eat.  We had dinner without a turkey.  Sides were OK.  Fortunately we made our favorite sides so we had them for dinner.  My husband was not happy.

Occasional Contributor

We didn’t like the flavor of Martha Stewart’s Cherry Stuffing. The Turkey was tough and took longer than the Instruction sheet said. (350 for an hour and 20 min.)

I Would not buy this again.

Contributor

I agree.  I am not good at cooking turkeys (don't ask me why - they always come out dry ...).  However - queen of cooking sides.  After 30 years with an auto-immune disease and a few problems this year - decided I needed a break this year.  This was not the break I needed.  The turkey was awful -- took leftover slices tonight and reheated in purchased gravy from a specialty store; hubby said there are parts of the turkey that are only ok; other parts are too tough.  Mashed potatoes were only ok -- they were so leaky and slowly solidified by the end of the meal.  Lumpy.  We did not cook the mac&cheese.  Something to look forward to!!! Not.  I always make Ina Garten's mac and cheese -- to die for.  

Enjoy December and whatever plans you have. xxoo

Valued Contributor

BinkyBinky which recipe do you use?  The one with tomatoes on top?  I have not made Mac & Cheese in a long time and woujld like to try a new recipe!

@BinkyBinky wrote:

I agree.  I am not good at cooking turkeys (don't ask me why - they always come out dry ...).  However - queen of cooking sides.  After 30 years with an auto-immune disease and a few problems this year - decided I needed a break this year.  This was not the break I needed.  The turkey was awful -- took leftover slices tonight and reheated in purchased gravy from a specialty store; hubby said there are parts of the turkey that are only ok; other parts are too tough.  Mashed potatoes were only ok -- they were so leaky and slowly solidified by the end of the meal.  Lumpy.  We did not cook the mac&cheese.  Something to look forward to!!! Not.  I always make Ina Garten's mac and cheese -- to die for.  

Enjoy December and whatever plans you have. xxoo