Respected Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart Slow Cooker Cookbook

Is there an entire section on octopus slow cooking or just one recipe?  In every cookbook I've ever owned, there has always been at least one recipe that doesn't appeal to me, so my advice would be to check out the non-octopus dishes, LOL, before deciding that this book is too "gourmet".

The recipes listed by another poster above sound delicious and may be worth a try.  I plan to flip through the book at the store before making my final decision.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Here is my review of the book, posted on the item.  I put in the review early and it was removed, had to repost the other day.

" I should have known better than to order a Martha Stewart book--I guess "slow cooker" was the seduction. But as usual, her books are not about convenient cooking, they are about recipes the average person would never use (duck confit), let alone heard of, and/or spend the time and effort to prepare. Of course this was a disappointment and perhaps 3 recipes were usable for my life-style. To each his own, but this cookbook was not for me............One star only for the pictures, as unappealing as they were! "

Ordered from Amazon, inexpensive, no s&h and not worth all the effort involved to return this item, gave to "file 13"......

Respected Contributor

FYI...........always a good idea to visit a bookstore before hand to see if the book you are interested in is for U! I'm waiting for it to come to my local library before I dive in. I  usually like Martha's recipes and don't find them difficult or time consuming.  I'm a simple home cook that likes easy, fresh, healthy meals without meat mostlySmiley Happy