Respected Contributor

Marshmallow Cream or Marshmallow Fluff, when making Whoopie Pie Filling??

Which do you prefer??

Trusted Contributor

Re: Marshmallow Cream or Marshmallow Fluff, when making Whoopie Pie Filling??

When I make pumpkin whoopie pies, I use marshmallow creme. Not Fluff. In fact, the recipe I use specifically states "Do NOT use Fluff".

Respected Contributor

A few years ago, I shared Maida Heatter's recipe for the Creamy White Filling she used in her Whoopies. It is found on post #5 of the thread.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I use Marshmallow Fluff.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Isn't it the same thing? Near as I can tell, it's just called 'fluff' in the East. But out here (I'm west coast adjacent), it's never been called that.

Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2015 chickenbutt said:

Isn't it the same thing? Near as I can tell, it's just called 'fluff' in the East. But out here (I'm west coast adjacent), it's never been called that.

They have a slightly different consistency. Fluff is a bit more stiff, which is why I prefer it for my whoopie pie filling. They pretty much taste the same, though.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Topaz Gem said:
On 2/9/2015 chickenbutt said:

They have a slightly different consistency. Fluff is a bit more stiff, which is why I prefer it for my whoopie pie filling. They pretty much taste the same, though.

Ah, I see. Thanks, Topaz! Smiley Happy I just always heard people from other parts of the country refer to it as 'fluff' but anything/brand I've ever seen out here is just called marshmallow cream.

Trusted Contributor

What I've read is that Fluff is the same as marshmallow cream but Fluff is a trademarked name that can only be used by one company. Since other companies, like Kraft, can't use that name, their product was called creme