Trusted Contributor

Re: Marlene Koch's cookbooks

I have her first two books. I haven't tried many, maybe 3 or 4 recipes. I don't find them all that quick, and admittedly, I kind of do her kind of cooking on my own, adapting dishes I like so that they are lower fat, etc. But the recipes I did try were very good, and I really think I should try more.

I made the Orange Chicken, it was very, very good. Also, I recall a dish I made a few times, Chicken Curry in a Hurry. That too was good, but since I found a curry sauce from Trader Joe's that I like, I use that. There was also a pasta dish I made from the book that was very good. If I can, I'll post back with the name.

I'll probably get her new book too, but I'll wait to get it on Amazon which tends to always have the best buys...sometimes I also buy used if that is possible.

I really should get her books out again, I'm getting into a rut with my dinner ideas.

Honored Contributor

Re: Marlene Koch's cookbooks

Have one book but don't want to use sugar substitutes as my doctor feels they can actually make a person gain weight. She said she prefers I have an occasional soda versus drinking diet soda daily.