Respected Contributor

Marlene Koch Eat What You Love Every Day

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I own the other two books of hers but this new one is the best!

I just made the Fabulous French Onion Chicken and it was awesome. I just made the 10 minute Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie and I can't wait to try it. It has to freeze for 2 hours.

Have any of you tried any of the recipes yet? Please leave some feedback as I don't know what I want to try next. I made a list of the ones to try firat.

Happy Sunday to all!

Super Contributor

Re: Marlene Koch Eat What You Love Every Day

I wanted to purchase her book until I heard she uses Splenda in some recipes. We're now being told to stay away from Splenda. So, I'm not wasting my money on a book with Splenda recipes.

Respected Contributor

Please don't let the Splenda in this book stop you from purchasing it. Just substitute for real sugar or what you like best and is equal to the Splenda. You would be missing some really tasty recipes.

Valued Contributor

Hi-Glad you like the book. I'd be interested to know how many of the recipes contain Splenda? It was my understanding that the first book was the only one that contained mostly Splenda recipes ??? TIASmiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

She actually provides several Splenda alternatives, such as Stevia, Agave Nectar, Honey and explains how to use those in the recipes.

Valued Contributor

I agree that this book is great. I have her other two also. So far, all I have made is the chix and dumpling one and it was really good. I went to the store yesterday to stock up on some basics for her book. I am going to do as she suggested and make a menu plan on an unused calendar by writing down for each day a meal from her books. Trying to go back to a W.W. way of eating and I had such good luck when planning ahead on meals when I lost 40 pounds. Time to get rid of 20 that came back. Her books are so easy to count points with.

Frequent Contributor

Have you tried stevia? If you're unfamiliar with it, do a little research. It comes in both liquid (a little goes a long way) and in packets. It costs a little more, and I recommend the brands that specifically say "organic," but your health is worth a couple of more dollars! My physician approves it.

Regular Contributor

Normally don't take the time to reply to many posts, but couldn't resist! So far I've tried the Blueberry Biscones (actually made them twice now). Subbed Almond Milk for the Buttermilk due to being unable to find any Buttermilk that day, and used egg beaters instead of real eggs (real eggs make me nauseous to even look at, at least with egg beaters I can remain in denial comfortably). At any rate, they're wonderful. I freeze them and pull one or two out to take to work in the morning.

Made the Taco Soup in the crock pot last wkend and it was incredible. I used MSF veggie crumbles instead of the ground turkey (I'm veggie) and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.

Also tried the Fruit Salsa (sans chips as I wanted to use it for yogurt). It was "okay", better as soon as it's made, doesn't keep too well as the lime juice macerates the rest of the fruit the longer it sits. Don't think I'll make that one again.

Tonight going to try the Southwestern Pasta (think that's the right name) and use Veggie Crumbles in place of the chicken.

I've purposely stayed away from the Peanut Butter Pretzel pie.... afraid I'll eat it all in one sitting, please let us know how it is!

As for those worried about the Splenda? It's always gonna be something. Next month they'll tell us it's the world's most perfect food. Stop worrying about it and either find a sub or simply enjoy life.

Respected Contributor

Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie was very good. I think the pretzels on it would be better put on aftermath not before it is frozen as I would like a crunch to them. It is fine on it before but they are softer. The Oreo crust was good on it and made the flavor blend well with the peanut butter. I would make again. I am being good and waiting until tomorrow for another piece. Smiley Happy Thanks picco and all for sharing your reviews.
Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 picco said:

As for those worried about the Splenda? It's always gonna be something. Next month they'll tell us it's the world's most perfect food. Stop worrying about it and either find a sub or simply enjoy life.

They've always said it. From day one. What it is is chlorinated table sugar, whatever that is, and I've always read it should never have passed the FDA standards. But they make a lot of mistakes. VERY bad for your health. Marlene is a Splenda junkie I think.