Esteemed Contributor

Re: MarkCharles new entertaining show

Thanks, @sunshine45—I was just going to post about this! The previews from MCM's Facebook page featured some nice entertaining items and ideas—I love all that kind of stuff, so I'm excited to see the presentations. And it is always fun to see new items pop up in the general "kitchen" category; there is definitely a tendency to just bring in the same ol' stuff or variations of things we've seen a million times.

Honored Contributor

Old people like me have dishes and tabletop that we need to get rid of.  Young people don't want it.  Few are doing big all-out gatherings now--and probably not in the future.

Seems like bad timing to me, unfortunately.  So does this mean QVC is going house-brand and dropping more companies like Lenox? 

Honored Contributor

I like Mark-Charles. He seems humble and kind. I think he has a good sense of humor,  and I enjoy his stories.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  I love the little chopper too, it's quite shocking how easy it is to use and  works so quickly.  

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@homedecor1  I love the little chopper too, it's quite shocking how easy it is to use and  works so quickly.  

What is the item # for the Little Chopper ?  Is it the one you have to pull a string to chop?  Sadly many of us are arthritic and cannot generate the strength to do that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever - The Kuhn Rikon Pull Chop actually works great even for many with hand issues; you can just rest/nestle your fingers at the handle edge in whatever way works best for you to get a slight hold and then use arm movements to generate the pulling. It requires very little force and energy. My neighbor loves the one I got for her; she had given up on being able to do much food prep because she was unable to grip a knife anymore, but now she chops onions and all kinds of things to improve her meals.

Here's a link to the set of two that is currently on sale:

https://www.qvc.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Set-of-2-2-Cup-Pull-Chops.product.K48049.html?sc=SRCH

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

IMO, Mark Charles as an actor/entertainer leaves much to be desired.  I think we already see too much of him.

I'm glad you said it first, I can't watch him and immediately turn the channel when he's on. One of those people that gets on my nerves.

Trusted Contributor

I wish I had been able to catch the show!  I just tuned into the last minute.

I am very happy for MarkCharles!!

He does seem nice as a previous poster also mentioned Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the show was fun! This was a particularly lovely and clever idea:

https://www.qvc.com/Designing-Dining-Set-of-6-Flatware-Pockets.product.H225220.html?sc=IROA

ETA: The description doesn't really include enough photos or information; in case you don't watch the video, each of these can be used as a coaster, flatware pocket, napkin ring, or decor piece. I was also thinking you could probably use the napkin ring slots to fit them over Christmas tree branches, if desired...

Honored Contributor

The set of 12 salt and pepper shakers seemed over-the-top.  Does each person need his/her own personal shakers?  I must be be out of it.

Party poppers are new to me.  They look like firecrackers but don't make a sound.  If I thought party favors were necessary, I hope I'd find something else,