Super Contributor

Re: MarkCharles Misili Egg Cooker

I like the egg cooker from MCM, hard boiled eggs easy to peel.Now thinking of getting his cake stand on clearance to match anybody have one of MCM Cake stand called 4-n-1?

Honored Contributor

On 6/12/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 6/12/2014 Reever said: Mark Charles needs to go back to the drawing Board. Some of his inventions are bordering on ridiculous. How hard is it to boil eggs ? You don't need this gadget. Waste of counter space.

No need to be a sourpuss. Nobody said it was hard to boil eggs. What's hard is boiling them in a way that they will consistently peel easy and clean. For $20 bucks, the gadget is worth it to me. And no waste of counter space either, I keep it up in the cabinet.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I've seen the presentation a couple times and came close to ordering one. I'll end up with one some day.

Frequent Contributor

I have the one from HSN-it cooks 7 at a time-I love that little thing. No it is not hard to cook hard boiled eggs, but this makes it a no-brainer-you can be off doing other things and when the timer goes off, the eggs are done. So easy when I made potato salad today for Father's Day-the yolks never have that grey or greenish cast to them-a great little gadget in my opinion.

Frequent Contributor

I bought one - mainly for poaching eggs. I used the level of water like it called for, but the yolks were not as done as I wanted. Next time, I will use the highest water level - so the yolks will be completely done. It's great that you can set it and walk away- knowing it is not going to boil dry - like on a stovetop. When it does go dry - it shuts off. It's great!

Honored Contributor

Sure it's not hard to boil eggs but the egg cookers make it much easier all around. With this you are free to do other things and it does all the work for you. I have tried putting eggs in boiling water and that worked fine but you have to wait until the water boils. I have also tried putting eggs in cold water and right at boiling you have to turn the heat off and so you have to be vigilant waiting for the boil or the eggs don't come out right. This egg cooker takes less time and it never fails making a perfect egg - not matter how you want it cooked. If you don't mind the hassle of whatever method you use then great but for me I'm all about saving time and this egg cooker is the best.

Honored Contributor

I would have bought his had it offered free shipping. I purchased one off of Kohls.com. I received free ship as I bought a few other items! I hate paying s/h, but this one was cute. The Kohls one offered a few colors too.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"