Mark Charles Eggspress Deluxe Egg Cooker Lost Cup

I've lost the cup for the Eggspress Deluxe Egg Cooker.   How much water is needed to hard boil 6-12 extra large eggs for hard cooked eggs?  Thank you so much for the assistance.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mark Charles Eggspress Deluxe Egg Cooker Lost Cup

Puzzle:   mothers, grandmothers, great great moms and great great great too = all cooked a simple hard boiled egg in a pot - and I do too - 10 - 15 mins............what's the problem?

Trusted Contributor

@Misban I don't have an egg cooker but if you google your question I think you can find your answer.  From what I found, 6 eggs would take about 15 tsp in comparable machines.  Maybe someone will answer with the exact amount.

Don't forget to pierce the egg.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Puzzle:   mothers, grandmothers, great great moms and great great great too = all cooked a simple hard boiled egg in a pot - and I do too - 10 - 15 mins............what's the problem?

The automatic egg cookers work on an evaporaiton principal and require a measuresd amoutn of water  in order to cook..more water is for a hard boiled egg less water is for a soft boiled egg..It is VERY specific..and the egg must be pierced...

My egg cooker (a DASH) had a pinhole in the cup and it leaked, - They sent me another one, when I called tem..maybe you can  try that...

Honored Contributor

@fthunt

My kitchen is HOT during the Summer, with an egg cooker I could make hard boiled eggs to take to my Dad when I made dinner for him. DH says they are perfect every time

@fthunt wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I have the regular egg cooker (6) eggs and love it. 

Trusted Contributor

Here's a screenshot of the instructions.  It's the same as the Dash egg cooker. I have the Dash, my Mom has the Eggspress version (I saw the Copper Chef one today....everybody is in on the action, lol).

Screenshot_2018-08-12-21-04-26~3.png

Respected Contributor

That is why I bought two, for spare parts.

Respected Contributor

I would go on Mark's Facebook page and ask if there's a way you can get a replacement. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this and it looks like to the original line on the cup is approx 4 1/2 T.  It uses the same amount of  water regardless of number of eggs.  I like my yolks slightly underdone so I use a bit less.   I love mine and meant to give it a review.   The eggs are perfect and always peel so easily.   Will never go back to boiling in a pot.  I plan on giving a couple of these for Christmas.  Hope this helps.