Respected Contributor

March 20- Today is National Ravioli Day What is your favorite ravioli??

I've been looking for a recipe and found one that has beef and mozz. cheese in. I have the ravioli maker from VillaWare. They no longer make them, but you can buy other forms on the Fantes site.

Anybody out there make your own ravioli??

Honored Contributor

Re: March 20- Today is National Ravioli Day What is your favorite ravioli??

I'm too chicken to try, but I'd be happy to taste test yours when you get them made. Love beef and mozz. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Regular Contributor

I make my own from time to time. Most of the time I use a classic filling of ricotta, but I add a pinch or two of nutmeg.

I have made sausage ravioli and lobster ravioli.

Trusted Contributor

Costco (my fav store) has a spinach and cheese filled ravioli - wonderful. Not frozen and stored in the refrigerator section near the cheeses.

Esteemed Contributor

My mom and aunt used to make homemade ravioli when I was a child. I remember watching them make the dough and the filling and they always added cinnamon to the cheese mixture. They would let me close the ravioli with the fork. Those homemade ravioli were delicious.

Honored Contributor

I do not make homemade ravioli. My favorite is spinach, dough and filling, with fresh tomato/basil sauce.

In the fall, I like pumpkin ravioli, in a cream sauce.

My husband is 100% Italian and loves almost all pastas, except ravioli of any kind. He cannot tell me why.

Trusted Contributor

I don't usually make my own ravioli, but I did try a recipe for the Olive Garden version of Ravioli di Portobello and it was really good. Found the recipe on food.com.

Cindy

Frequent Contributor

I've been making my own ravioli for more than 10 years now. When I first started it would take me almost all day to go through 3-4 pounds of dough. I now manage to crank them out in just a couple hours.

My favorite's are a combination of pulled pork with mozzarella and ricotta cheese.

Enjoy

Camo

Trusted Contributor

I don't make my own, but the favorites are either lobster or cheese. It is the only lobster product I eat. The Linda McCartney vegetarian line used to have a squash ravioli which was wonderful; I don't know if it is still sold over here.

Honored Contributor

schwans has delicious 6 cheese ravioli......i made them tonight. so simple to prepare and delicious. i made my own homemade red sauce with a mix of angus ground beef and italian sausage to serve alongside of the ravioli. i served it with baby broccoli and a spring mix /arugula salad that had dried cranberries, hard boiled egg, glazed walnuts, cherub tomatoes, red onion, and homemade croutons.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein