Respected Contributor

March 19- Poultry Day What is your favorite way to fix poultry??

When I think of poultry, I think of chicken. I like it fried and baked the best!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy I like the wings the best, then the breast next. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: March 19- Poultry Day What is your favorite way to fix poultry??

I really enjoy an oven stuffer roaster every so often. You just spend a few minutes prepping the bird and then you throw it into the oven and walk away! I also really enjoy my mother's fried chicken cutlets. So simple yet so yummy!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Trusted Contributor

Wanted to let you know. I'm really enjoying reading these "Day of" posts. Pound cake, poultry, etc. It makes me smile and thank you for that.

I love chicken and turkey (and other poultry too). Husband has decided he doesn't care to eat it any longer [except on Thanksgiving - only] so we no longer have it at home.

Respected Contributor

Pekin Duck is my all time fave-but a rarity. On a day to day basis, chicken is the star of our kitchen. My newest, most favorite way of cooking it is in the Ninja 3-in-1: if you buy this appliance for nothing else, buy it for chicken! As I type, I've got a nice plump 6 pounder steam roasting in the Ninja. Part of it is going to find it's way on our dinner plates tonight. I'm making Kelsey Nixon's flat bread but instead of bacon, I'm going to use chicken....and I think tomorrow, the rest could find it's way into a salad....yummmm!

Poodlepet

Honored Contributor

My vote is for fried chicken, and I prefer thigh and breast meat. My second vote would be for chicken and dumplings.

Respected Contributor

We like boneless/skinless chicken breasts. I season them up and cook them on the grill (weather permitting, which is pretty much out, since we have winter from November-March, sometimes longer) or on the stovetop. I like to do a bunch of them at a time, and then have them throughout the week .... we do ceasar salad, stir fry, alfredo and sometimes use them as the main dish w/veggies.

Valued Contributor

Chicken is on the top of our list and turkey a second. Love roasting chicken breasts in the oven with olive oil, sea salt & freshly ground pepper, nothing else(learned this from Ina). Comes out great every time! Love chicken wings too!

I used my rotisserie about 2 weeks ago using a turkey breast & it was the moistest turkey breast I have ever had! I also have done chickem breasts the sale way & really enjoy it that way too. Something about a rotisserie that makes the meat tastes so much better!

Frequent Contributor

As far as I'm concerned, There's no better way to enjoy chicken than in the ninja 3 in 1! I've gone through the rotisserie thing, the smoker, the vertical chicken roaster, dutch ovens, slow cookers, pressure cookers, fried, baked, deep fried, and while they all produce a decent meal...none can compare to the moist, tender results one gets from using the steam roast feature of the ninja, especially if one marinades the chicken in some Mojo Criollo for 5-6 hours first.

This week the supermarkets all had chickens on sale so we bought a few, also bought quite a few more bottles of Mojo Criollo to go with them. Have always used Mojo by Goya, but recently had someone suggest Badia so I bought some of that too. Also picked up some pineapple juice to add to each as suggested by another friend. Will see which one wins.

Enjoy

Camo

Frequent Contributor

Made another steam roasted chicken in the ninja today. At 6.28 lbs it was a little smaller than most. I marinaded it in Mojo Criollo (Goya), with an additional 6 oz of Pineapple juice added as well as some fresh orange juice and both lemon and lime juices.

For the first time ever, I also cooked it in the marinade after it sat in a food safe plastic bag in a bowl for 6 hours. I usually cook it in chicken broth made from "better than bouillon" low sodium chicken.

Once in the Ninja I added a good four jiggers of Worcestershire sauce and liberal sprinklings of freshly grated Ginger, Garlic powder, Italian herb seasonings, paprika, parsley and a pinch of celery seed.

In 68 minutes I was rewarded with a perfectly cooked, moist and tender roasted chicken. It was fantastic! Plenty left over for tomorrow and will then make either chicken croquettes or chicken salad from whats remaining.

For those that have never brined or marinaded chicken, you'll find that it eliminates that off taste associated with left over poultry.

Enjoy!

Camo

Honored Contributor

Love wings and thighs if frying or baking. When baked, I mix Dijon, minced garlic, and whatever herbs I like with some extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper, mix it, and place it under the skin of the thighs, then add white wine, and lemon to the pan, which makes the most wonderful sauce.