Contributor

Marc Gill spokesperson for many products now...why???

So I see this guy lately on QVC. Not to mention he is also on HSN. First off, that's not a conflict? I guess I naively thought that the vendors that came on the shows (or food programs) were actually employed by those companies, and perhaps solely. So now I see this Marc Gill guy, and yes I had to Google the "correct spelling" of his name and he represents many, many different products. I see him on every dang infomercial there is. (in channel hopping) Shark vacuum, hot dogs and a half dozen other annoying infomercials. So I guess now he is just a spokesperson for many products on QVC now. Hot dogs, to which I'm sure he has nothing to do with, and now Mr. Lids.....to which David said oh this is your first time on the show, which it HASN'T been as I've seen him a couple times before. Well, it's not his first time on QVC, nor HSN. So it makes me wonder when I see Eric Thiess or for sure Bob Warden or others.....are they just spokespeople for many different products as I see they do presentations for many products? Call me stupid, but I guess I never knew that until now.

FOR ME, it takes away the legitimacy of the product because all there is is a salesperson who is getting paid to push the product.

I only post this so anyone from QVC will see. I don't care what responses from this forum will think of my comments as I know this particular forum is very venomous in what they say, especially towards hosts, so trust me I won't come back to see anyone's comments....like I do for all my others posts. So go for it. Just wanted someone from QVC in a perfect world to read my comment. Have fun.