Respected Contributor

I had heard of the show but never watched it. This is too gross for me.

I wish Food Network would bring back instructional recipe shows, other than the Pioneer Woman and The Kitchen even though I like both shows. They only show a variety on Saturday and Sunday mornings, whereas they used to show instructional shows such as Ina's show and Trisha Yearwood

on the weekdays.

I prefer not to watch a sweaty guy eating a giant meatball. That's a weird sentence.

Honored Contributor

The Food Network is pretty much unwatchable.  If you want cooking shows, you should watch PBS, particularly Create - a PBS subchannel in many cities.

Honored Contributor

If we can get an instructional show with simple, real food recipes and not the more gourmet dinner kind, I am so there girlfriend.   I miss Justin Wilson.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladybug724 They don't have many instructional shows anymore. There are too many game and gimmicky shows. Not for me! You can find good instructional shows on PBS and Create on Saturday afternoons. We get 3 PBS stations in our area and are able to see America's Test Kitchen, Cooks Country, Lidia Bastianich, and A Taste of History. There are a few others I can't recall right now. On Food Network, I do like Valerie's Home Cooking and Ina Garten (as long as it's about the food and not the story about who is coming over and what kind of flowers she's using).

Esteemed Contributor

I have watched that show in the past, and was always amazed at the AMOUNT of food he ate(whew). I agree that PBS, shows are about the food, not gimmicks, although I sometimes watch Guys Grocery Games.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone, I have never heard of Create but I will see if it's offered on my cable in my area. I do like the instructional shows because I enjoy learning different tips and tricks you can't really get from reading a recipe. 

I agree about the game type shows. I'm so over Chopped with the ridiculous basket ingredients. I mean ridiculous! I only like the Guy Grocery Games when celebrity chefs are competing because it's comical. Worst Cooks is all right but you just know it has to be scripted. Other than that, I miss Food Network from a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

I have not heard of Create either.  I will have to look for it when I go home tonight.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

If we can get an instructional show with simple, real food recipes and not the more gourmet dinner kind, I am so there girlfriend.   I miss Justin Wilson.  

@Laura14 There are quite a few on you tube.  Just put in "Healthy Chicken Casserole" or whatever.

Honored Contributor

That show is pretty gross.   

I don't get the feeling of accomplishment from eating something so hot you need goggles and rubber gloves to protect yourself.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14 There are quite a few on you tube.  Just put in "Healthy Chicken Casserole" or whatever.

@ECBG Thanks!  I don't know why I never think of that.  I use youtube for everything else.