Honored Contributor

Re: Mama Mancini Meatballs Available Locally

They sell them in larger Publix and Sams.  They are OK but I like my own.

Honored Contributor

My favorite meatballs are my wondeful meatloaf cut up in meatball sized squares! Not alot of filler in it, and spicy and good! 

Respected Contributor

There are several large supermarket chains in my area and one of them carries these meatballs.  They were available as a single pack of 8 with sauce, so I did not need to commit to a larger quantity as with QVC.  I thought that they weren't terrible but have not bought them again.  I am only an average cook, maybe not even up to average, but I prefer the way that I make meatballs better. Something about the taste of any brand of frozen meatballs, not just mama mancini, that I do not care for.

Honored Contributor

I do not know if these things are sold around here but I would not not have them even if someone gave them to me!!!!!  Tried them from here once, never again. If I recall, I didn't even keep them all. They were terrible.

Respected Contributor

They also have them In BJ's.  They are only so so IMO.

Honored Contributor

Publix also has them for delivery.

Respected Contributor

How hard is it to make a meatball for goodness sakes.  Im not paying premium prices for these over priced hockey pucks.  More economical to make my own using fresh ground beef.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, when I bought them from QVC a year or so ago, I really enjoyed them.  Then I was pleasantly suprised to find they are in the prepared meat section of my local Publix too.  I like being able to buy a smaller package than what QVC sells, so I now buy them from Publix. 

Janet in Georgia
Super Contributor

Purchased the meatballs in the refrigerated section of Costco about two years ago.  I was expecting them to be more flavorful based on the "hoopla" over them on the air.  I added other Italian spices etc. while them simmered.  I was also underwhelmed by the flavor of the sauce.  It just needed more of everything. 

Super Contributor

They are in our Safeway store here on the Oregon coast.