Trusted Contributor

Re: Making an Authentic Texas Beef Brisket with all the fix ins on Thursday

On 3/19/2015 kalikokty said:
On 3/19/2015 Shop Till you Drop said:

LOL I find your very long explanation of Authentic Texas BBQ rather funny. Don't get me wrong, it sounds fine. But I am born, raised and still live right in the heart of TX and believe me you will find so many BBQ brisket recipes around, everyone makes it different. One tried and true recipe is just that and add to that 100's and 100's more! BBQ is regional even in TX. it is made lots of different ways. But do enjoy yours Smiley Happy I'm sure it will be delish.

She really thinks HER recipe is the only tried and true one - {#emotions_dlg.lol} - so very typical.

Lol. And most Texans are as big as their state, sadly. That's from eating all of that unhealthy, artery clogging food. I've been down there many times. So many obese people everywhere, stuffing their faces - thinking it's normal to eat like that. Nauseating.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 Mothertrucker said:

Well, its an amazing brisket when you can shred it and make pulled PORK sandwiches out of it....

Texas meets Carolina?!

It's a magic brisket! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Me24 said:

LOL I find your very long explanation of Authentic Texas BBQ rather funny. Don't get me wrong, it sounds fine. But I am born, raised and still live right in the heart of TX and believe me you will find so many BBQ brisket recipes around, everyone makes it different. One tried and true recipe is just that and add to that 100's and 100's more! BBQ is regional even in TX. it is made lots of different ways. But do enjoy yours Smiley Happy I'm sure it will be delish.

She really thinks HER recipe is the only tried and true one - {#emotions_dlg.lol} - so very typical.

Lol. And most Texans are as big as their state, sadly. That's from eating all of that unhealthy, artery clogging food. I've been down there many times. So many obese people everywhere, stuffing their faces - thinking it's normal to eat like that. Nauseating.

Me, given your attitude, I'd stay away from Texas if I were you. You'll never win an argument using such gross generalizations. MOST Texans are no larger than MOST people in any other state and they get a whole lot more exercise.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 beckyb1012 said:

Wow! My family comes from Palestine Texas, so perhaps I DO know a little about BBQ....

BTW for those who are interested, the Masterbuilt, which, while electric DOES use real wood chips for smoking, not pellets or charcoal..

For Nightowlz and anyone else who is interested, there are about 5000 strong of us die hard smokers who love to compare and share tips and tricks and recipes on Facebook- Our page is called "My Masterbuilt Electric Smoker" and it is a closed group, so please join us and join in the fun..WE are a great group and we even get discounts from MES and many other companies who recognize what we are all about!

So close!! I am in Tyler my son, daughter-in-law and only grandchild, of 7 months lives in Palestine. So I am there a lot!! It is a small world.

How cool is that!? Like my Mom used to say "it's a small world....but I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Valued Contributor

On 3/20/2015 kalikokty said:
On 3/20/2015 wingnut09 said:
On 3/20/2015 Danky said:
On 3/20/2015 wingnut09 said:

Well, its an amazing brisket when you can shred it and make pulled PORK sandwiches out of it....

Texas meets Carolina?!

Yes, how does one get pulled pork from a brisket? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Are you kidding ? There is NOTHING she can't do in the kitchen.....the only thing that does seem to be a challenge is keeping the stories straight...

Perhaps "Redman" comes in to help her{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

Anyone can do a "search" online for any recipe these days and post it...lol.

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 gkelly5744 said:

Yes.. but can they bold their each and every post for emphasis????!!!

Valued Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Mothertrucker said:
On 3/21/2015 gkelly5744 said:

Yes.. but can they bold their each and every post for emphasis????!!!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Your potato salad recipe sounds delicious. The only ingredient I've never seen are the bread and butter jalapeños. I'll look for them, as I'm sure they give the salad a ""kick"! Thanks
~H~
Super Contributor

Helen47, I think they are also known as tamed jalapeños. I'm not crazy about spicy, but I love these.