Honored Contributor

Re: Make Gazpacho! Get those veggies and appliances out!

@denisemb wrote:

@Sooner 

Recipe, please, please, please!

I don't really use a recipe.  I just read a lot of them and throw in what I have and like:

Celery

Onion

Tomato

Cucumber--peeled

Parsley

Bell pepper

Tomato Juice

Salt and pepper

A small garlic clove

1 tsp. Worcesterhire sauce

Tarragon or other white vinegar

Sometimes some lemon or lime juice

I probably use half or a little less celery than tomatoes.  I don't always peel the tomatoes.  I chop everything a little, string the celery, usually peel the tomatoes, etc. 

Not as much bell pepper as celery and tomatoes.  A little onion, about 2 tbsp parsley, sometimes if I have them I add chives. 

My recommendation is start out, taste, add, taste, add some more.  This will help you understand what you like and you'll be a pro after a time or to.  Of course if you start adding Vodka things might not be so clear.

Sometimes I ad V8 but not usually.  It's ok but I like tomato juice better.  

It's a very personal thing--chop in blender as fine or not as I like is what I usually do.  You can make it more like a drink or a soup.  Serve it cold or room temperature.  It is a wonderful appetizer either in a cup, small bowl or glass.  Drink it or treat it like a soup.  It is always different and always made to how I feel that day.

My favorite is a little finer, served out of a small glass or cup with spoon with a few club crackers on the side.  If it's a soup, sprinkle a little parm cheese on top!  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

Thank you!  I've never made it myself, but enjoyed it when out.  This'll give ne a starting point.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@Sooner 

Thank you!  I've never made it myself, but enjoyed it when out.  This'll give ne a starting point.

@denisemb You will have fun and it will be exactly what you want it to be!  You can check out some recipes for proportions--I've just been doing it for 30 years so I just plop stuff in! 

If you have a high power blender be careful not to make it a veggie shake!  LOL!!!