Super Contributor

I made homemade meatballs, and used a local Restaurants homemade sauce, no additives. We had it for supper, and I am freezing 2 containers. I love having meals in the freezer. We watch Grandkids 2 or 3 days a wk, and love something easy on those days.

Super Contributor

Re: Made homemade meatballs.

Always good to have quick meals in the freezer!

Super Contributor

The grandkids might like something I saw on the Pioneer Woman show last week. She bought slider buns and put a meatball on each one. I know my kids would have loved that.

Honored Contributor

Hi casuallady.......I also started making my own meatballs a couple of years ago....who knew how easy! I make them and freeze them. Then I pop them into a favorite sauce for a quick dinner. Now, like you, I should start making my own sauce. Presently, I have found that Bertolli's Tomato and Basil Sauce is very good.
Esteemed Contributor

Not a lover of Italian food, but I do make my own meatballs. Love them in hoagie rolls with bell peppers, cheese & my mom's spaghetti sauce.

Super Contributor

I've been making meatballs since I was a little girl. It's one of the first things I learned to cook, but recently I started making turkey meatballs and I like them even more. I only make them when I'm making my own sauce, because they are better if they simmer in the sauce for a good long while.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2014 house cat said:

I've been making meatballs since I was a little girl. It's one of the first things I learned to cook, but recently I started making turkey meatballs and I like them even more. I only make them when I'm making my own sauce, because they are better if they simmer in the sauce for a good long while.

I made turkey meatballs for the first time about a month ago, they came out really good much to my surprise. Even hubby likes them. I'm trying cut back on red meat.

Honored Contributor

I'm done making meatballs in my life. I buy mine from Costco. Delicious and easy.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

On 1/28/2014 ID2 said:

I'm done making meatballs in my life. I buy mine from Costco. Delicious and easy. Smile

I bought them at Sam's and they were ok, however way too many, and not nearly as good as my homemade ones. Having said that I could go back to the bought ones. Cosco's may be better.

Respected Contributor

Great idea!