Honored Contributor

One pound pasta (any kind - I like orchiette)

1 jar spaghetti sauce

8 OZ. ricotta cheese

Shredded mozzarella cheese - 16 oz.

Parmasean cheese

Your choice: sautéed mushrooms, cooked and diced Italian sausage (or loose sausage), pepperoni, green pepper, parsley, basil, oregano (all fresh if possible)

Mix cooked pasta with sauce and ricotta cheese. Add everything except mozzarella and parm cheeses. Place half of mixture in a 9x13 pan...add a laer of mozzarella, layer the remainder of pasta mixture...top with mozzarella and parm...bake for 30-45 minutes until cheese is melted.

Makes a TON for a crowd!

Contributor

My goodness, that sounds really good. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Hope you had a great holiday! DH and I had a quiet one. Our 10 yr old black lab isn't fond of the noise....{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Have a wonderful weekend! Smile

Honored Contributor
On 7/5/2014 Gr8Auntie said:

My goodness, that sounds really good. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Hope you had a great holiday! DH and I had a quiet one. Our 10 yr old black lab isn't fond of the noise....{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Have a wonderful weekend! Smile

You can customize it to your family's liking.

We like to add a pound of Italian sausage - half hot and half plain.

Other people use browned hamburger.

It makes a lot and is even better the next day.

Contributor

This sounds delicious, Terrier3!

Honored Contributor
On 7/5/2014 ajmrn30 said:

This sounds delicious, Terrier3!

I forgot...if you like your pasta spicy, get a jar of hot cherry peppers, dice some up and mix in, to taste.

The combination of ricotta mixed with tomato sauce makes for a nice mild creamy sauce. Cherry peppers had a nice "kick."

Frequent Contributor
We call this , Lazy Mans Lasagna