Super Contributor

Re: M59829: Chicken Breast Cutlets -- oh my 😮😮😮

@fthunt wrote:

I ordered them once and at first thought they were great - and I'm fussy.  But after the 2nd one and the 3rd meal realized the breading and the grease that emits from the breading - - wasn't what my digestive system thought was so great.

I also was shocked at today's price.  Point #2  this item is not juicy = as in dry.  I pass on ordering again.

I have had a couple of pieces that I felt were a little on the greasy side, but they weren't bad at all. I put them on foil and sometimes omit the instructions to spray oil on the foil. But greasy has not been an issue. And for me, they haven't been dry, which is important to me. If they were dry I would toss what I have and cancel me auto-delivery, but thankfully that's not an issue. 

Esteemed Contributor

@WildDunes - I've never had them turn out dry, either; I bake mine on a rack inside a sheet pan to help the air circulate better and avoid a potentially soggy bottom crust, and I almost always have to leave them in longer than the package directions state in order to get them fully warmed through and crispy, but they're worth the wait.  Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@WildDunes - Since you've tried both varieties, how would you describe the flavor of the lemon parm version? We make our regular HF chicken into chicken parm and chicken piccata at times, so I've been wondering whether it would be worthwhile to switch to the combo.

I mistakenly used the fried chicken for chicken parm - just didn't pay attention to the name on the bag! We did eat them, but they just don't work for parm. I haven't tried for piccata yet, but will be soon. I would not use the fried. I do have the combo; the lemon parm works just fine. And as the vendor says, the lemon is so mild. We don't even taste the lemon. 

Super Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@WildDunes - I've never had them turn out dry, either; I bake mine on a rack inside a sheet pan to help the air circulate better and avoid a potentially soggy bottom crust, and I almost always have to leave them in longer than the package directions state in order to get them fully warmed through and crispy, but they're worth the wait.  Smiley Wink

I've prepared them as you have when I wanted more of a fried chicken. Not quite the same, but we're happy. Some of the pieces are a little thick so I can see where they might need to cook a little longer. Yum!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WildDunes - Your answer about the lemon flavor is helpful—thanks. We often use the regular chicken fried chicken to make chicken parm and really like it; I wonder what made you not enjoy it? And when I say we make chicken piccata, I basically mean we make the lemon sauce that goes on at the end after baking the chicken, since that's all that's left to do.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

And at my store (Wegmans) the family pack of boneless skinless is $1.99/lb every day, $1.79 right now on sale.

Wegman's is great for it's family sized packs of meats. Even the prepared food are priced more reasonably then the chicken in topic of discussion. I'm sure the convenience is nice but being able to butterfly, bread and fry a chicken breast is basic kitchen skills which does not take much time. When I think about how many seasoned and fried breastas I could make for $100.00, I'm left speechless.