Respected Contributor

Re: M59829: Chicken Breast Cutlets -- oh my 😮😮😮

Saw boneless chicken breasts yesterday for $1.69/lb.  Granted, they were on sale, but ordinarily, they're usually $2.99/lb.  Organic variety are more, but I don't buy them.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered them once and at first thought they were great - and I'm fussy.  But after the 2nd one and the 3rd meal realized the breading and the grease that emits from the breading - - wasn't what my digestive system thought was so great.

I also was shocked at today's price.  Point #2  this item is not juicy = as in dry.  I pass on ordering again.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia.  If I got to shop at Wegman's, I'd spend all of my chicken savings at the bakery.  Alas, I can only look from afar.

@Kachina624 , the cookies are sublime !😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1.  Coconut cake for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Wegmans is truly the best store.  When I worked near one my kids loved to pick out their dinner & dessert from the prepared food area & bakery ...yummmmmm

Me I love their crab cakes, braciole, stuffed chicken florentine breasts and chicken marsala.

And the fresh baked breads are to die for!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Image result for shocked dog face

@ECBG   ...I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!! .... THANKS🥰🥰

Trusted Contributor

Aldi runs a sale all the time, $1.49/ lb for boneless skinless chicken breasts.  Can't be beat and they're much more tender than Publix. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@homedecor1 

Doesn't mean I'm buying the breaded ones presented here, but the price for "naked" chicken breast in my shopping areas is well over 2.99 most weeks and even on sale they're more than 299 

True.  The other night at our grocery the cost for Perdue Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast - $5.99/lb.  That is pretty normal.  The store brand was $3.49/lb.

Super Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@homedecor1 - I pay a little less than that for my auto-delivery of 20 of the standard Heartland Fresh chicken fried chicken breasts (which come with pepper gravy packets), and I have to say that I feel the savings in time and effort in putting together a quick and tasty dinner after a long day are totally worth every penny! I was a bit hesitant about the price at first, and I do try to minimize my intake of premade products, but this chicken is delicious and of very high quality. (Again, these notes are about the original flavor, not the lemon Parm ones that were just presented.)

I agree. I get the Heartland combo southern chicken fried chicken and lemon parm. Fav is the fried (really baked) but like them both. Convenience means a lot. And the fried chicken are large cutlets, I usually eat 1/2-and I'm not a light eater. 

Esteemed Contributor

@WildDunes - Since you've tried both varieties, how would you describe the flavor of the lemon parm version? We make our regular HF chicken into chicken parm and chicken piccata at times, so I've been wondering whether it would be worthwhile to switch to the combo.