Honored Contributor

M59829: Chicken Breast Cutlets -- oh my 😮😮😮

WOW!  I just flicked over to ITKWD and $99.00 for 20 filleted breaded chicken breasts!

I know people look for convenience foods but I'm shocked this is for skinless chicken breasts that are normally $2.99/lb and I get 8 for about $15.

Sure hope they are worth it!  

Honored Contributor

Re: M59829: Chicken Breast Cutlets -- oh my 😮😮😮

@homedecor1 

Doesn't mean I'm buying the breaded ones presented here, but the price for "naked" chicken breast in my shopping areas is well over 2.99 most weeks and even on sale they're more than 299 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@homedecor1 

Doesn't mean I'm buying the breaded ones presented here, but the price for "naked" chicken breast in my shopping areas is well over 2.99 most weeks and even on sale they're more than 299 

@millieshops .  Same in my area.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 - I pay a little less than that for my auto-delivery of 20 of the standard Heartland Fresh chicken fried chicken breasts (which come with pepper gravy packets), and I have to say that I feel the savings in time and effort in putting together a quick and tasty dinner after a long day are totally worth every penny! I was a bit hesitant about the price at first, and I do try to minimize my intake of premade products, but this chicken is delicious and of very high quality. (Again, these notes are about the original flavor, not the lemon Parm ones that were just presented.)

Esteemed Contributor

And at my store (Wegmans) the family pack of boneless skinless is $1.99/lb every day, $1.79 right now on sale.

They get really good reviews.  Sometimes it's nice to have something prepared.  I have the luxury of time to cook, and I love to cook, so I generally prepare my own, but I've given things like this to relatives who have limitations, and they enjoy it.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc 

@millieshops 

If I had a family after reading they are good I might think about it.. I'm retired & enjoy cooking almost every night so perhaps I don't see the "value" of prepared food.

My spouse eats nothing fried or breaded so you know who would enjoy them!  ME!!!

Then again, thanks for the good info that they are tasty!  And chicken breasts are usually $5.99/lb at Publix but I stock up when there on sale for $2.99 (and they are big -- we eat 1 between us😊).

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia.  If I got to shop at Wegman's, I'd spend all of my chicken savings at the bakery.  Alas, I can only look from afar.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Image result for shocked dog face

Honored Contributor

Chicken breasts are $1.99 lb every day where I live and on sale, even less. We don't eat breaded food so this is an easy pass.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia.  If I got to shop at Wegman's, I'd spend all of my chicken savings at the bakery.  Alas, I can only look from afar.

@Kachina624 .  That's the first place I head to in Wegmans. Breads, cakes, desserts....

I just go there for specialty things. I'll have to check out the chicken and rest of the meat.