Super Contributor

Re: Luncheon suggestions please (to fill-in my menu)

I would put out some grapes (different kinds), small oranges. Sorbet would be good but stay away from more carb desserts.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 fbm2lsm said:

I love the idea of fruit or maybe sherbet or gelato with a small cookie tucked in to the side of the scoop, served in a small dish. Or even ice cream with fruit.

I would serve the bread and those who want may partake. I love garlic bread served with pasta, this is an occasion not an everyday lunch, enjoy the bread.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

ITA about the fruit/ sherbet or gelato!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

If you do go with the gelato or sorbet, a fun thing to do is to freeze individual scoops on a cookie sheet, and then when ready to serve, they're pretty and ready to go in a little glass bowl. The different colors are pretty.

For a simple but delicious dessert I like the combination of thawed frozen peach slices, chilled canned sweet cherries, and sliced bananas with a shortbread cookie, freshly baked or Pepperidge Farms Chessmen cookies.

Trusted Contributor

Can you please share your variation on Jill's recipe? Thank you Katey!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/17/2014 Katey1261 said:

Can you please share your variation on Jill's recipe? Thank you Katey! Smile

Katey1261,

I think terrier2's version is to use Italian sausage (instead of ground beef) and to include bell peppers and onions. OP indicates this in parentheses in her post.

I am anxious to make this, too!