Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Snowpuppy ...are you going to Berlin, Ohio area?

I haven't been down to Berlin in 2 or 3 years?

I would like to hit Weaver Barns in Sugarcreek. They have a couple of outlets up here and there's a shed I'd like to see in person. If you're looking for something in Berlin, @Mominohio would be your best go to person.

I think we'll hit the Ft Wayne/Shipshewana, IN area over Labor Day

Honored Contributor

No, never been to Ohio.  I saw that Shipwana place advertised on Tv sounded like stuff I"d like to do.

I use better grade of yeast too, not that Fleischmans easy to find stuff

I get mine from Amazon. Between using While LIly and Premium yeast in red bag.   

I cook for church socials, personal friends, etc.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  So after reading your post about White Lily flour (which I had never heard of but never looked for) I decided to look in my local grocery store today and low and behold there it was.  So I see that many say it’s the best flour to use for fluffy biscuits but does it work well for any baked good (like pie crusts, cookies, cakes, etc)?

Honored Contributor

yeah, use the all purpose

bread  flour is for bread and rolls.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs @SharkE White Lily is made from soft spring wheat flour, not hard red winter wheat.  It has a lower protein content and is more toward cake flour than normal AP flour. 

King Arthur AP is a little higher in protein content than most commercial AP flour, and Bread flour is even higher.  It means more gluten and a higher rise for baked goods, and a tougher more nutty tasting biscuit than White Lily and other soft wheat flours. 

It makes the best biscuits you will ever eat!  

Honored Contributor

I'd use White LIly first, then, King Arthur 2nd. One day they will quit carrying

Lily and I'll switch to KA till they go out.

Nobody ever stays forever. Get used to one thing and there it goes down the sewer. LOL