Respected Contributor

Re: Low carb ice cream HOLY COW!

I cannot find the Enlighten ice cream anywhere!!! So annoyed. I’ll try again today.  Their website told me it would be in the stores I checked and that is not correct. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx - If you happen to have any Sprouts stores in your area, they seem to have the best selection of Enlightened products. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I was hesitant to try the Halo ice cream after reading so many negative reviews about it.

Looking at all the ice cream during my last shopping trip at Walmart I decided to just give it a try.    Since I'm a chocolate fan I bought the plain chocolate variety and my husband purchased the peach.  

Both of us were pleasantly surprised by how much we liked it.   We understood that it wouldn't have the full-flavored taste of regular ice cream but it wasn't terrible.

Neither of us are big ice cream lovers so just having a little bit here and there is sufficient for us.  

I would not hesitate to purchase it again.   

@J Town Girl 

With so many flavors offered, it's clear they are determined to stay .....  I thought ths sea salt caramel was quite good, too.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I just read that there is a new low carb ice cream out, only 1 net carb per serving.  It's called Enlightened.  Here is a link to an article about it.  I am going to buy this today.  Very exciting!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/enlightened-ice-cream-just-made-130000354.html

Beware of net carbs, @Grouchomarx 

Basically, that's just a marketing device.  You want to look at what the actual number of carbs are.

One of these flavors has 15 actual carbs per serving.  

I don't mean to douse your excitement but just wanted you to be aware.

You can read more about carbs vs. net carbs here:

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.