Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone! I had been drinking McCafe decaf but it gives me acid. I have also used Green Mountain, dark roasy, with the same results. I did try a low acid, decaf from Amazon(don't remember the name) but it was very expensive and didn't taste very good. I've never tried cold brew. I've never had a latte or anything other than regular coffee. So maybe I'll try that. Also, I'll  look for a decaf, dark roast in another brand, other than the one I tried already. Thanks again!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Re: Low acid, decaf coffee?

[ Edited ]

Hi @Starpolisher 

I googled and results included:

Kava Decaf Acid Reduced Instant Coffee

Folgers Simply Smooth Decaf Mild Roast Ground Coffee

There were more in the results.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher I have tried several Low Acid Decafs and the one I like best so far is SIMPATICO.  They are in Michigan but if you order on their website there is free shipping and they ship fast.  I have tried both their Medium and Dark roasts and like both.  You can get whole bean or ground.  12oz bag is $13.99.  They just sent me an email letting me know about a 10% off code until February 13th I think.  You can probably call them to get the code if you can't find it online.

There is also a product on Amazon called Coffee Tamer that some people really like. I believe it is mostly calcium carbonate.  I have used it on the few occasions when I drink regular coffee.  Not sure how much it does but it may also help.  I believe using cream in coffee (which I do) also helps cut back on the acid.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

very good info. here ..wow! I learned a lot too. One quick question speaking of De-Caf....(ug again , sorry) IS Pure N Simple still around? It's been a while but the last I can remember drinking that was :At the Beach..with my @beach-mom ..a while ago..

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher 

Once you find a coffee you like, try the drip method. The paper filter will reduce acids in the coffee. 

There are filters for single cups or multiples.

When I make drip coffee, I'll use this ceramic filter holder over a single cup/mug. The paper filter fits right in.

Hope you find something that works great for you!

95B8895A-E3FB-4AA1-B7BE-3E79F0B4B598.jpeg   EC0C5A44-C242-4C0D-83A8-6FC9A7719A3A.jpeg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't drink coffee but once in awhile I use Pero if I want a creamy cup on a cold day or rarely craving dessert.....I mix half plant milk with English Toffee stevia drops.  

Contributor

On of the best decaf coffees available is Peet's Decaf Major Dickason's Blend - only decaf that tastes like real coffee.

It is expensive, but goes on sale all the time at Target and our local supermarkets. We have served this coffee to guests and no one could believe it is decaf - no bitter taste or problems with acid.

Peet's coffee.jpg