Honored Contributor

Re: Loving my electric egg cooker

Well the poached eggs must be a hit since he wants them again tonight 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I bought the Charles M...... (sp?) small one from QVC. Love it. I am the only poached egg lover in my house , so it is very easy to make a serving . I love being able to make just 3 or 4 boiled eggs as I rarely use a pan full and have had the excess  hide in the back of the fridge untill they have turned bad. I find the omlette made in it alright , but if I have time just as soon make it in a pan. The little gadget certainly earns its keep and was low cost. 

Super Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Hi I am still oxox!

Boy, reading what you posted and reading all the other posts...I want one of those egg cookers / poachers.

I have seen several brands and thought..."Do I really need one"?  

After reading everyone's postings...I say, "Yes, I really need one".  However, "What brand should I get"?

I am going to pick one up for my "Sister-In-Law" too...She came to visit my husband and I for a weekend, her husband stayed home due to work.

That evening she, received a phone call from her husband saying he had an accident.  She goes, "OMG what happened...Are you ok"?  He said, "Yes, I am ok but your kitchen is not ok".  She said, "What do you mean"?

He said, "Well I put a dozen eggs into a pot on the stovetop to make pickled eggs...And I fell asleep on the coach...I woke up to the sounds of something exploiding one after the other..."?  He said, "Honey...Your kitchen is a mess...There are eggs everywhere...Stay there a for a few more days until I can get it all cleaned up"?  

So, what "Brand do all of you recommend"?   

DASH has a couple of good models, they don't have the clear dome though. The one's I have seen are on HSN. I have the original MCM Eggspress from QVC. I want the new deluxe one with the 2 tiers. My favorite thing to make is the omelette! Love the round omelette, perfect size. 

Super Contributor

I have the original MCM Eggspress, I've had it for about 3 years, love it. I want the new deluxe model! Love the omelette tray, my favorite thing to make. When I received mine, I got 2 of of everythig, except for the unit itself. Two manuals, little recipe book guide, use and care instructions.It was kinda odd and funny at the time. The white MCM lettering on the clear dome have long since worn off, jjust like all the white lettering on my CE pressure cooker. I was also one that had wished the measuring cup was marked better to see. I'm way over that now. When  I do an omelette, I like it kind of firm, not all runny. I always leave the dome on an extra 2 or 3 minutes after it shuts off.The residual heat continues to cook the egg. I really do wantb the new model I will  probably gift this one to a foodie friend, after I test out the new one amke sure it works just as well. IMG_20160916_235048609.jpg

Super Contributor

@CHATTY wrote:

I bought mine from QVC.  Best $20.00 I ever spent.

Yeah I know, I can't believe the new model is the same price! Have you seen the double one? That's my new want!

Super Contributor

I'm a total rookie when it comes to egg cookers.  I recently got an MCM Eggspress egg cooker (not the deluxe model) at a thrift store for barely a few bucks.  It was missing the measuring cup and manual.  Luckily, the manual is still on the QVC web site.  However, I have NO idea on how much water I should use for whichever type of egg dish I cook (I can use a safety pin, etc., to pierce the eggs, so I'm not worried about that part.).  I watched the video.  I looked through the manual online, but I couldn't find a liquid equivalent measurement.  Does anyone know measurements or how to approximate water levels to use?  Thanks much!

Respected Contributor

@Ruthie-Roo wrote:

I'm a total rookie when it comes to egg cookers.  I recently got an MCM Eggspress egg cooker (not the deluxe model) at a thrift store for barely a few bucks.  It was missing the measuring cup and manual.  Luckily, the manual is still on the QVC web site.  However, I have NO idea on how much water I should use for whichever type of egg dish I cook (I can use a safety pin, etc., to pierce the eggs, so I'm not worried about that part.).  I watched the video.  I looked through the manual online, but I couldn't find a liquid equivalent measurement.  Does anyone know measurements or how to approximate water levels to use?  Thanks much!

when I got mine. ( it's the Dash model), the little measuring cup had a tiny pinhole, so I called and they sent me a replacement measuring cup..Strange as it sounds, the two are a totally different shape and have different measurements..yet both work!

Super Contributor

I have a fleet of the Eggspress egg cookers.  I bought the original one (royal blue), then grabbed the one with the locking top and buzzer (purple) when that was released -- that way I could make four poached eggs at a time and my husband and I could eat together, instead of him eating while I cooked mine, or waiting for mine to be done and eating cold eggs.

Then they brought out the big daddy, and I grabbed that one, too (in pink!). I use it at least once a week for hard-boiled eggs (a quick protein snack,) and I adore it -- it's better than setting up both of the smaller ones to cook 8 or 10 eggs at a time. When it went on clearance (I wonder what's up with that? No reorder? Why?), I grabbed a backup (in aqua). That's one neat little appliance I don't want to be without.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bigbear52, the two-tier Eggspress is on clearance and isn't being reordered, so grab it now while you can. I have it, adore it -- and bought a backup.

Frequent Contributor

I resisted buying an egg cooker then got the Henrietta.  For whatever reason she quit after only a few uses.  Replaced her with the Cuisanart and have happily used it for a couple of years.  No timing required and eggs peel SO easily!