Honored Contributor

Loving my electric egg cooker

I make dinner for my 93 yr old Dad several nights a week and he loves eggs, of any style, but during the heat of the Summer I try not to use my stove. I bought an Elite Cusine maxi matic egg cooker from Amazon and well it was the best $15 I ever spent. It steams the eggs and they come out perfect, DH says it makes the best eggs

You can make all styles of eggs, last night dad asked for poached eggs, which I made in the cooker and he LOVED them, the whites were hard and the yoke was nice and soft.

I am so please that I had to share.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Loving my electric egg cooker

@I am still oxox wrote:

I make dinner for my 93 yr old Dad several nights a week and he loves eggs, of any style, but during the heat of the Summer I try not to use my stove. I bought an Elite Cusine maxi matic egg cooker from Amazon and well it was the best $15 I ever spent. It steams the eggs and they come out perfect, DH says it makes the best eggs

You can make all styles of eggs, last night dad asked for poached eggs, which I made in the cooker and he LOVED them, the whites were hard and the yoke was nice and soft.

I love mine too!  I got mine from Kohls--not sure of which brand it is.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I love mine too!  I got mine from Kohls--not sure of which brand it is.

It has made my life so easy I am amazed, I did make a small mistake, I did not put the "egg base" down when I made the poached eggs, so the bottle of the poaching tool got a bit stuck to the metal, but it pealed rigtht off.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I love mine too! I never thought I would use it or like it this much..In fact, I resisted buying it for a year or so cause I really "didn'tneed it" (Like that ever stops me!)

Highlighted
Contributor

I have an elite egg cooker (same idea), and I love it for hard boiled eggs.  I did notice a little egg must have come out of the pierced hole on one of the eggs, and the water/steam was really frothy and bubbled out around the edge of the lid.  So the next time I made them, I added just a tiny bit of vinager to the water measure cup with the water, and didn't have that issue again.  I don't know if the frothy one was just a fluke, but I guess it doesn't hurt to add just a tad bit of vinager.

Frequent Contributor

My niece is raising chickens so for Christmas she gave me a dozen of "her" eggs along with an egg cooker (not sure of brand).  I LOVE this little gadget!  I use it mostly for hard boiled eggs because you can just put eggs in it and walk away.  No more timing and I can't believe how beautifully the shells come off.  I think I'm going to get my daughter the larger one that the Q sells because she likes to make deviled eggs for parties and picnics.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the egg cooker the Q sells...I love it...just made hard boiled eggs last night...they come out perfectly...unlike the ones i made when i boiled them on the stove....lol...I have had mine for quite a while...although it has many uses for making eggs...I only use it for the hard boiled....

Honored Contributor

There are two appliances I have purchased that I thought were going to be frivolous purchases that I absolutely love and this is one of them (the other is one of those small pull choppers, those things are genius).

@I am still oxox I have the same one you have from Amazon and use it all the time and I agree it makes perfect eggs each time and so easy to use.

Bless you for helping your dad out, good on you my friend!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Would someone please post a brand.  And what is a pull chopper?

Honored Contributor

Elite cuisine maxi matic egg cooker.