Super Contributor

Re: Loving Paula Deen on Evine

@momtochloe  Yes, I do remember that previous conversation, vaguely.  The Cook's Companion brand seems really good.  No need to be sorry!  It's all good.  I don't mean to harp on the budget thing.  Just being honest.  There are people worse off than my family and I, so I'm not complaining.  

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Having spent quite a bit of time in the South at times over the years, I do not think there is anything "fake" about Paula's strong accent.  I've met plenty of people who talk that way.

DH was born and raised in GA and has a fairly strong accent himself.........his friends down there have much stronger ones.

Not all born-raised Southerners talk that way, however. My DIL was born and raised in GA, but has only the slightest accent.

If you want to hear some strange  and strong accents, spend some time in eastern North Carolina, extreme western North Carolina, the Tidewater area of Virginia---and how can we overlook the Boston accent up north????

My husband's smart-alecky standard reply to anyone who hears him talk and asks where he's from is .....New York City.

@novamc1Well thank you!  Although I live in WNC I am a fourth generation college graduate.  You must have been off of the "beaten path", very deep in the mountains indeed.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

via @aggravated:"She is the most unsanitary cook on television ever.  Her fingers are in everything.  I don't want someone feeding me using their hands either.  Scraping the bottom of dishes with her fingers - and then feeding folks!  Its' atrocious."

Reminds me of Wolfgang Puck.

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

I don't think that Paula D. , or any other food entertainer, has any social responsibility

regarding what people eat......if someone chooses to eat a certain way, it is their decision .....

ITA Danky.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1------I'm glad you left me the post---Thanks ! I agree with you, the voice of reason, on the JB thread. I did post a few times when the "leaving the building" 

announcement was made but I will not engage with anyone who has an unhealthy over involvement , takes over a thread and is condescending and "always right".

I don't heart much but you will get them from me, not just because I agree with you but you are smart,  polite and take the high road----very impressive !

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@winamac1------I'm glad you left me the post---Thanks ! I agree with you, the voice of reason, on the JB thread. I did post a few times when the "leaving the building" 

announcement was made but I will not engage with anyone who has an unhealthy over involvement , takes over a thread and is condescending and "always right".

I don't heart much but you will get them from me, not just because I agree with you but you are smart,  polite and take the high road----very impressive !

Thank you Danky and ditto to you!!

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I'm not speaking to Danky she won't answer me in Y&R

wahhhhhhhhh

@SharkE------ you can't be a cry baby.....you're a shark ! LOL

I didn't know there was a question !

LOL! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I want her multi cooker she introduced last week.$99.00  It looks like the Ninja. They have the house brand Cook's Companion that looks an awful lot like the Cook's Essentials. Paula's the last time Icheckedhad really good reviews.

Regular Contributor

Two things in the world cause me discomfort: The first is running finger nails down a chalkboard. The second is running finger nails down a stick of chalk. Just typing all that is making me cringe. The southern drawl of this lady is almost number three.

As a cooking buff, I enjoy watching the shopping networks with the variety of cooking programs but the impression I get from Evine though is how it will take anyone willing to come on the channel. The lady in question strikes me as someone willing to endorse just about anything. She's had her name on mattresses! I don't know about any of you but when I buy mattresses or furniture I make sure to get the opinion of a chef (is she a chef) or individual in the cooking scene!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bigbear52 wrote:

I want her multi cooker she introduced last week.$99.00  It looks like the Ninja. They have the house brand Cook's Companion that looks an awful lot like the Cook's Essentials. Paula's the last time Icheckedhad really good reviews.

@Bigbear52 I need to ask you a quick question as I just checked the reviews for Paula's multicooker and the only one that actually used it wasn't very pleased with its performance.

On the other hand, the Cook's Companion version is more powerful, is a bit bigger, has more consistent reviews and is less expensive.  I would also like to add I have a Cook's Companion air fryer which quit on me a couple of weeks ago and they totally stand behind their products.  I had a new fryer in hand within a week and a half and they couldn't have been more helpful throughout the process.

Please know Paula's is beautiful and I do agree her kitchen products are getting good reviews but it seems to me for the price the CC version may be worth a looksee too . . . Smiley Happy