Super Contributor

Re: Loving Paula Deen on Evine

sharke wrote:

Does she still have a magazine?

@SharkE  Looks like she does: Cooking with Paula Deen.  I swear I saw it not too long ago in the grocery store, maybe a couple of months ago, and I just Googled it, finding a Pinterest page featuring it.  Sorry, but I'm not aware of the magazine's web address; I didn't dig too far.

Honored Contributor

Seems like since she lost wgt because she had to her magazines are all to healthy for me now. LOL

I used to take it when she had country comfort foods and desserts.

Super Contributor

@SharkE  "...too healthy"???  LOL  I loved that.

Respected Contributor

@Ruthie-Roo wrote:

@Danky wrote:

I don't think that Paula D. , or any other food entertainer, has any social responsibility regarding what people eat......if someone chooses to eat a certain way, it is their decision .....

@Danky  I agree.  If I go to McDonald's and eat a Big Mac, a large fries, an apple pie, and a chocolate shake, should I blame Ronald McDonald?  Should I blame the company? No one is forcing me to eat that, or anything else.  My "diet" is my responsibility, not anyone else's. 

@Ruthie-Roo------was that you behind me in line when I ordered dinner last night ?

You remembered what I had !!

Honored Contributor

I'm not speaking to Danky she won't answer me in Y&R

wahhhhhhhhh

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Danky  I don't know what you ate, but I ate a bowl of kale, a few carrots, and a lemongrass smoothie for dinner.  

Seriously, full disclosure, I haven't eaten a Big Mac in many years, as I grew out of liking them.  Maybe a few times a year, I get some fries from them.  But when I went recently, fries were all I got, and they were cold.  I didn't feel like complaining, as I had more important things to worry about that day, so I just ate them.  Yes, cold.  But ah well.  I've been meaning to try making french fries at home, anyway -- in a deep fryer, no less.  Hee-hee.  Would I eat those frequently???  Nope.  Good-gravy, no.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I'm not speaking to Danky she won't answer me in Y&R

wahhhhhhhhh

@SharkE------ you can't be a cry baby.....you're a shark ! LOL

I didn't know there was a question !

Honored Contributor

@Ruthie-Roo wrote:

@Danky  I don't know what you ate, but I ate a bowl of kale, a few carrots, and a lemongrass smoothie for dinner.  

Seriously, full disclosure, I haven't eaten a Big Mac in many years, as I grew out of liking them.  Maybe a few times a year, I get some fries from them.  But when I went recently, fries were all I got, and they were cold.  I didn't feel like complaining, as I had more important things to worry about that day, so I just ate them.  Yes, cold.  But ah well.  I've been meaning to try making french fries at home, anyway -- in a deep fryer, no less.  Hee-hee.  Would I eat those frequently???  Nope.  Good-gravy, no.

Ah my friend @Ruthie-Roo may I entice you over to the dark side otherwise known as the Air Fryer side . . . Smiley Happy

Pop a couple of those cold fast food fries in one of those gadgets and you will have fresh french fries in no time and some rather disgusting looking grease in the bottom tray for your efforts . . . Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

mtc wrote:

Ruthie-Roo wrote:

Ah my friend @Ruthie-Roo may I entice you over to the dark side otherwise known as the Air Fryer side . . . Smiley Happy

Pop a couple of those cold fast food fries in one of those gadgets and you will have fresh french fries in no time and some rather disgusting looking grease in the bottom tray for your efforts . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe  LOL  You might be able to entice me over to the dark side, eventually.  Been wanting to try an air fryer, but can't afford it these days.  I still want to try the Paula Deen one, or perhaps either the Cook's Companion or Todd English one.  Right now, I'm "frying other fish," so-to-speak, so going over to the dark side will have to wait.  :-)  But thank you very kindly, anyway.  I'll holler back when the time comes, if and when I do finally try a machine of some sorta brand.  

Honored Contributor

@Ruthie-Roo wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Ruthie-Roo wrote:

@momtochloe  LOL  You might be able to entice me over to the dark side, eventually.  Been wanting to try an air fryer, but can't afford it these days.  I still want to try the Paula Deen one, or perhaps either the Cook's Companion or Todd English one.  Right now, I'm "frying other fish," so-to-speak, so going over to the dark side will have to wait.  :-)  But thank you very kindly, anyway.  I'll holler back when the time comes, if and when I do finally try a machine of some sorta brand.  

You know @Ruthie-Roo I do remember us having this conversation a while ago and I am sorry as I should have remembered financial constraints as I am living with them myself right now, boo on mtc!

If I could make a recommendation, if the time comes to purchase an air fryer I couldn't recommend a Cooks Companion more.  I know this may draw some fire but I had mine for almost nine months and literally used it every day at least once a day.  I was making a pork roast in it and after putting it back in for a few more minutes it just stopped.  I called CS and they could not have been nicer and more efficient.  I got my proof of purchase from Evine, emailed it to CC, and after sending the cord back received a brand new fryer within a week.  I couldn't be more impressed with their customer service and clearly I appreciate the one year warranty!