New Contributor

Re: Loving Paula Deen on Evine

One day while channel surfing ,I saw her on Evine...Ill get to the point my grandaughter was watching .and to my SURPRISE Paula was acting so sexual with a male host I had to turn it off. My God the women has gone CRAZY..I still cant believe how she acted. I know the other hosts were enbarassed .and the male was running away from her she kept grabing him...WOW  NO CLASS at all..

Valued Contributor

yep, I saw her acting that way with the men too.  Between that and her loud annoying voice during presentations is a turn off.  She does not seem as classy as she did way back when she had shows on the food network.

Super Contributor

ULY wrote:

Two things in the world cause me discomfort: The first is running finger nails down a chalkboard. The second is running finger nails down a stick of chalk. Just typing all that is making me cringe. The southern drawl of this lady is almost number three.

As a cooking buff, I enjoy watching the shopping networks with the variety of cooking programs but the impression I get from Evine though is how it will take anyone willing to come on the channel. The lady in question strikes me as someone willing to endorse just about anything. She's had her name on mattresses! I don't know about any of you but when I buy mattresses or furniture I make sure to get the opinion of a chef (is she a chef) or individual in the cooking scene!

In Paula Deen's defense, many celebrities have had/also have their names on many types of products, some you might not expect.  Do some Googling and see what you find.  

As far as Paula being a chef, I believe she's not formally trained (in the culinary arts), but that doesn't bother me.  My mother isn't, and my dearly-departed grandmothers weren't, either.  I value their wisdom and experience just as much as "officially-trained" chefs.  I don't know how much my grandmas knew about mattresses, but my mom brought me into the world of MyPillow, and I haven't looked back.  No, she doesn't sell them, but she bought me one.  Love it.  Thanks, Mom!!  :-)

New Contributor

I sure did tired of that fake laugh and you all, she drives me crazy. Like always she thinks she is te queen of Evine.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can't take all of the y'alls.  I've lived in the South and never heard anyone use as many y'alls  as she.  Her accent is very phony.  I wonder how the Deadliest Catch guys like sharing the stage with Her?  I bet they get a ribbing when they get back to their boat.

I agree. All the "y'alls" was just way too much! When her sons were on FN they would do the same thing. When their mama was first in trouble, they were interviewed and neither one said one "y'all." It's just an annoying gimmick. I stopped watching her when Paula's Party aired; she's disgusting.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Regular Contributor

Funny all the comments about how unsanitary Paula is in the kitchen. I guess some has a lot of spoons etc to wash. Smiley Happy  I have occassionaly tasted with my finger and then wash my hands. I should have water logged hands since I do wash them very often while cooking so its not like I'm inserting nasty fingers in my meals. Smiley Happy

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.