Esteemed Contributor

Loved Mark Charles & Carolyn on David in Kitchen

Kitchen Wednesday night is so great when David is on vacation! Everyone seems so relaxed - making jokes, laughing and not having to be 'perfect'. I actually watched the entire show - Carolyn simply says: we have green, red and black (period)............not the usual an*l personality.

I so wish the host would rotate - Jane is a hoot in the kitchen as well as Marybeth.

Respected Contributor

Re: Loved Mark Charles & Carolyn on David in Kitchen

I agree - rotating hosts is always a good idea. Love Carolyn there. She's the best!!

Occasional Contributor

I agree, if they rotated or just replaced the current host, I'd go back to watching. I've watched my last happy dance.
Valued Contributor

Changing around the hosts is a good idea. I could do without the staged happy dance and close ups of David eating a singular bite of food, but I do think he enjoys doing the cooking shows which I can't say for most hosts for most shows. Bob Bowersox had a more professional manner and did a lot of the cooking himself which is something I miss. Mary Beth had two cookbooks on QVC years ago and when Bob left I thought she would get the cooking shows but that didn't happen. Most of the newer hosts I would steer clear of for a cooking show, especially Amy Stran.
Honored Contributor

On 12/29/2014 Ilovetea said: Changing around the hosts is a good idea. I could do without the staged happy dance and close ups of David eating a singular bite of food, but I do think he enjoys doing the cooking shows which I can't say for most hosts for most shows. Bob Bowersox had a more professional manner and did a lot of the cooking himself which is something I miss. Mary Beth had two cookbooks on QVC years ago and when Bob left I thought she would get the cooking shows but that didn't happen. Most of the newer hosts I would steer clear of for a cooking show, especially Amy Stran.

I have always liked David, but the "Happy Dance" is wearing thin and the constant eating is a bit much. I would love to see a rotation of hosts too. Carolyn, Jill, Marybeth, Jane Treacy would all be great. Rick is good on kitchen shows too. I don't think every host has to have a show bearing their name.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to see a real cook on those shows...not watch DV eating through the entire three hours....

HSN has several real cooks....Wolfgang...etc...and its such a joy to watch them at their craft..makes the shows entertaining...

I liked Bob Bowesox because he did cook...he wasn't the most personable..but he knew his way around a kitchen...

Lets bring in real chefs...or Hosts that know how to cook...that don't do Happy Dances or Goofy Eye rolls...or stuff their faces...

I don't watch the ITKWD shows ...actually I rarely tune into the Q. since they have gone to three items for the day routine...and showing the TSV 15/20 times a day...there is so much better programming on my TV then putting myself through the same grueling presentations...

Occasional Contributor

I agree with all the posters. I wish they would call this show In The Kitchen With QVC then anybody could host it.

Trusted Contributor

Jill and Marybeth are the best hosts with kitchen shows because they are professional and the cook themselves. QVC obviously makes a lot of sales with David, so his place is quite secure. Rick is good with these shows, also. But it is Carolyn, more than David, who eats her way through these shows. And David, Jill, and Marybeth cook from scratch much more than she does, as she admits. I'll deal with the "happy dance" but not the talking with food in her mouth and constant grazing.

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 NYwoman said:

Jill and Marybeth are the best hosts with kitchen shows because they are professional and the cook themselves. QVC obviously makes a lot of sales with David, so his place is quite secure. Rick is good with these shows, also. But it is Carolyn, more than David, who eats her way through these shows. And David, Jill, and Marybeth cook from scratch much more than she does, as she admits. I'll deal with the "happy dance" but not the talking with food in her mouth and constant grazing.

I think David eats and talks with his mouth full constantly. I like him but wish he would omit the Happy Dance (which will never happen) and talk a lot slower and not talk with his mouth full. They won't go to rotating hosts since David sells a lot. How about cutting his show by a few hours a week and starting another cooking show with some hosts we have mentioned like Jill, Marybeth, Carolyn, Jane Treacy and Rick.

Honored Contributor

Carolyn is OK she looks like she's been in a kitchen.

skip surfer boy, Rick, can't stand him.

Jane, nope, hours with the Keebler elf I'd fall on my Cuisinart knife.

I'm happy with David.

Mary Beth is like a Stepford Wife barking "and here's the thing" over and over and over.