Respected Contributor

Re: Love my new Curtis Stone Lightweight Cast Iron Durapan😀💯

Isn't his cookware/bakeware the best! We have ordered pans of Curtis's in the past and have not been disappointed. We ordered the Lightweight CI TSV also, along with the large stockpot and a set of his baking sheets. We chose the red color. Have used the TSV already and nothing stuck. Used the grill top for bacon and bottom for eggs on Sunday morning.  Clean up was a breeze. Can't say enough good things about his cookware.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1

I'd be careful about "selling all your Le Creuset cookware" in favor of Curtis Stone's.  They are not the same product, and if you really like to cook, you might find both have their place in your kitchen.

I own a lot of LC and  recently have begun using some  aluminum/ceramic-coated Curtis Stone and similar products. 

Based on experience, there is always a chance that the nonstick surface (no matter how tough and high-quality it is advertised to be) is going to wear, flake, scratch,  or disappoint in some way. 

LeCreuset doesn't have any features like that which could  disappoint over many years of use.

Just my opinion.  I understand and totally agree with the value of having some lighter-weight cookware.  I like to have both on hand and do use both for different jobs.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1

agree there is no comparison to the durability and longevity in LC vs. a CS (or any other lower end cookware).

I just can't lift some of the pieces I have.  Specifically my 6 qt round & 8 qt oval LC.  

The LC pieces have been the workhorses in my kitchen for many years - I have offered them to family and friends - no takers☹️.  And a few are still in the box! 

Right now, arthritis (RA) in my hands has forced me to use lighter pieces and my cooking is now just for the 2 of us. Rarely do I use these pieces but will keep my 8 qt oval.

Contributor

I love mine too!  I got the stone gray color, but seriously thought about the turquiose.  It's a beautiful color!  I can't beleive how light weight it is. The only thing that caught me off guard was how hot the handles get.  I'm so used to grabbing his previous mult-function pan and rectangle grill pan with stainless steel handles with no problem, I didn't think and burned myself on the cast aluminum.   

Valued Contributor

Good to hear the great reviews.  My set in red just shipped.

Valued Contributor

Just received my CS  TS pan in black....NICE! ...And it fits inside my Breville Smart Oven Pro!!!.....So happy!...

Plan on roasting a small pork roast today for supper...will update...

Have a great day!

Valued Contributor

wrote:

Just received my CS  TS pan in black....NICE! ...And it fits inside my Breville Smart Oven Pro!!!.....So happy!...

Have a great day!

Update:  

Just prepared an oven braised pork roast with veggies with my new CS pan in my Breville Smart Oven Pro...  Started it on the stove top, covered it with lid,  and transferred to the oven.. slow roasted for 3 hrs....turned out delicious!!

Am so happy I bought this pan...I've been looking for a perfect pan to fit in my oven for roasting and casseroles...I think I'll get lots of use out of this...

Valued Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Have a great day!

Update:  

Just prepared an oven braised pork roast with veggies with my new CS pan in my Breville Smart Oven Pro...  Started it on the stove top, covered it with lid,  and transferred to the oven.. slow roasted for 3 hrs....turned out delicious!!

Am so happy I bought this pan...I've been looking for a perfect pan to fit in my oven for roasting and casseroles...I think I'll get lots of use out of this...

Oh...and clean-up was a breeze!!!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

@homedecor1

I'd be careful about "selling all your Le Creuset cookware" in favor of Curtis Stone's.  They are not the same product, and if you really like to cook, you might find both have their place in your kitchen.

I own a lot of LC and  recently have begun using some  aluminum/ceramic-coated Curtis Stone and similar products. 

Based on experience, there is always a chance that the nonstick surface (no matter how tough and high-quality it is advertised to be) is going to wear, flake, scratch,  or disappoint in some way. 

LeCreuset doesn't have any features like that which could  disappoint over many years of use.

Just my opinion.  I understand and totally agree with the value of having some lighter-weight cookware.  I like to have both on hand and do use both for different jobs.

I agree.  The only nonstick material that may hold up to Cast Aluminum is ceramic.  I chose not to buy the Curtis Stone cast aluminum because if you look at the fine print the oven temp is only up to 450.  The Cooks Essentials cast aluminum line is at 500.  Ceramic can usually withstand even higher temps.  The temp range for searing meats is between 450-500 so Curtis Stone's grill pans may not hold up over time.

Contributor

Wrong information about Curtis Stone's pans may not hold up. I've been a QVC customer since it was CVN before and bought every kind of cookware they advertised including those advertised as commercial quality. Before a year they were in such bad condition that I'd try another. Finally I bought 2 pans of Curtis Stone and was so impressed I bought a whole set. It is now 2 years old and in beautiful condition. I have bought more pieces. What they say you can totally believe and I will never buy anything except his cookware.