Honored Contributor

This is a very for lack of a more elegant phrase "basic" machine which doesn't have a timer.  It has an internal brain that knows when things are done.  Doesn't matter if it's rice or a meal.  It just knows.

Depending on how much you are making, the time adjusts accordingly (like when I just made rice.  I only make two portions at a time so it probably takes maybe 15 minutes).

When cooking an actual meal, the cookbook provides the approximate cooking times.  I think those times could move a bit based on how much you are cooking and what temperature they are when you add them (such as a frozen veggie or something like that).

If when you open the cover and think it needs a bit more time, you just wait a couple of minutes for it to reset and then hit the cook button again.

I am very glad I have mine.  If for nothing else, it makes great rice!

Hope that answers your questions, if not just let me know . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Yes , big enough for two..I am one and always have leftovers....it is a simple machine, and works very well! I have 2 of them....the cookbook, which is extra, is SO worth the money..it has everything from Mac and cheese ( 2 kinds!) to bananas foster bread pudding!
Respected Contributor

Thank you both for the info on the rice cooker.  I think I need this.  I'm going to order one AND the cook book.  Thanks again!!!

Respected Contributor

Let us know how you like it!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Let us know how you like it!

Me too!  Hope you love it as much as we do!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Will do!  I need another Kitchen gadget so bad!  LOL

Respected Contributor

Help, I can't find the cookbook goes with the WP rice cooker.  What is the name of it?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

MIMA, I'm sorry but it's currently sold out (happens a lot).  It should come back into stock with WP's next visit.  The name of it is:

Marian Getz "Simply the Best: Rice Cooker Recipes" Cookbook

Unless of course you would like to pay $147 on Amazon . . . yep, it really is that good!

Respected Contributor

Thank you mtc.  Well, darn.  Oh well, I will get the rice cooker now and wait for the cookbook.  Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

ps, I love your avatar.  What a cutie!  Mine is my beloved Chloe.  I lost her in January.  We are so blessed to have them in our lives even for an all too short amount of time sometimes!  Heart